Airbnb Hosts constant complaints

Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

Airbnb Hosts constant complaints

I dont know about you, but I get pretty upset every time I read a host post complaining, accusing, criticising, disregarding, deploring the Airbnb platform. I know things dont always go well for everyone and/or everytime, but if you as a host are really unhappy, please leave, leave now. Stop making your own life miserable. And I am not talking about hosts sharing some of their bad experiences here looking for some kind of support from the other hosts. I am talking about the ones who cant wait to have the opportunity to trash over Airbnb when replying some of those posts.

I myself have experienced the ups and downs that comes from hosting with Airbnb. I still dread it when a new guest comes into my own home, hoping all works out for both parties. The best thing I get out of it is the money coming into my bank account every single Monday. So, I am pleased!!

115 Replies 115

Great move Eliz. New topic: Empire.

We can beat these 2 Germans, that's for sure.

Spent 12 days in Berlin, didnt want to leave the city. LOVED it!

Definitely GO GETTERS!!!

Yes, and I was in Barcelona 30 years ago.

Great city, but no street signs on the roads

You've got it, change topic all the time.

Empire, Berlin, Barcelona, street signs - it never stops.

I am not the crazy person you all think I am. I could be worse!

Tueykay0
Level 10
Santa Monica, CA

I wonder if this thread will engage until Game Of Thrones returns next Spring of 2019....?

Still tight to your sit?

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

I grow up over seas.. as a student we usually live in an apartment, like a dorm you can say.. 

in the building there always thing, trouble, or noise problem.. we survive because we have no social media, tolerate, accept each other and grow a compasion.. 

some times, I see airbnb is the building as I do my work from my room / personal space ..

we can never satisfied every one.. but we are thr king of our personal space.. it will reffelect us.. 

I have experience with other platform than Arbnb .. did bnot go well.. the point is what ever apartment you feel most comfortable..  like country to live in .. other culture might be more fitted to our condition, passion, and etc ..

but nothing is abstinet from friction nor problems.. we just have address it as wise as possible.. 

human are different but equal.. the are strong in one area and less in others.. 

I am greatfull I can make money from Airbnb it actually cost less than the old days.. that is what I think any way.. 

Process sucks.. but a journey is beatifull.. is our choice how we percieve this world.. with out problem we are unable to grow nor get smarter.. so is it a bless or a blesemy ?? we choose.. we are the king of our personal space..

Jeffrey Bong
Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

In the spirit of the new thread... I dyed yarn today.  But the broken forum won’t let me post a photo  (in the spirit of the old thread, had to include a complaint.  Build bridges, not walls.)

:::::

Well, Willow's a dyed in the wool weaver which is wonderful. 

I too tried to post a picture . . . of my cat and could not. 

Now this glitch is getting gol-darned serious.

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

I'm in agreement with Ute:  keep it going if you wish, turn it into something fun and positive with constantly changing narratives.

However, I fear that some members have picked up their toys and gone home in a huff after gettting their feelings hurt over some mis-perceived slight.  Oh well, they'll get over it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I want to set the record straight on one thing:  it is pronounced E-liz, as in D-Wade, or Le Bron, or J-Zee.

Or Eliz with a soft "e" as in elicit, or electric. 

Whatever, I believe she's on board to conqueor.

Go for it.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Elizabeth429@John1574@Diego313@Emilia42@Sarah977@Emiel1@Rebecca181@Maya63@J-Renato0@Robin4@Jessica-and-Henry0@Rosemarie9@Cathie19@David2487@Dee9@Ian168@Cormac0@David126@Letti0@Willow3@Fred13@John28@Silvani0@Jess78@Tueykay0@Sandra856@Christine615@Sunny-and-Jeff0@Alexandra316@Susan17@Sean119@Marie953@Ute42@Emily352@Manasui0

I just want to come back in this discussion here. As you all put in a lot of time and effort into hosting, it is understandably that this is a personal topic for many of you.

Everyone has the right here in the CC to express their own thoughts and raise a discussion point, it has certainly got us talking. We can see from this conversation how important it is that we each take into consideration the way we deliver are opinions, how this may come across to others and in general our approach to being open to hearing a range of thoughts.

As many of you have highlighted here, the CC is certainly a place (among other things) for you to voice your opinions on your experiences as part of Airbnb.  We have amazing contributions here on a daily basis, wonderful tips and feedback. Only through taking a constructive approach in the way we work together/interact here with each and in general always aiming to improve what we are part of, will we make sure we enjoy being part of this community and also make sure Airbnb is continually improving. Which helps to benefit us all. 🙂

As I have mentioned before, we all have the power to mould and create the great conversations we have here, so I encourage you to start some great topics that you feel passionate about.

We are much stronger working together, lets empower and learn from each other. 

Thank you for your time and I think we have slightly exhausted this discussion here, so I am going to close this now. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.