Airbnb Open 2016 in Los Angeles

Clément4
Level 3
Dublin, Ireland

Airbnb Open 2016 in Los Angeles

In 2016, Airbnb Open is headed to Los Angeles! We’re working hard to create a fantastic event featuring exceptional speakers, helpful workshops, and one-of-a-kind opportunities for you to connect with fellow hosts from around the world. This global gathering of hosts, guests, Airbnb leaders and hospitality experts takes place November 17th-19th.

Watch www.airbnb.com/open for event and ticket sales information. Registration will open in June.

In the meantime, dig into these highlights from Airbnb Open 2015 for a look at last year’s event.

I encourage you to leave a comment and let us know what you’re hoping to see, do and experience this year in Los Angeles.

Don’t hold back: share your wildest dreams! We can’t wait to read about them.

Clément

108 Replies 108
Michelle146
Level 2
Arroyo Grande, CA

@Momi0 are you still looking for places to stay in Los Angeles?  Email me at [Personal Information Hidden] and we can talk. Did you make it to Paris last year?  Talk soon 🙂 michelle 

Robert169
Level 1
Encinitas, CA

Is there a way to offer a special discounted room rate for attendees who want a pre- or post-stay in San Diego?

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

@Clément4 - How do I sign up to be a speaker at Open this year? I have a few topics I can speak on.

Laura380
Level 2
Milan, Italy

Hi Clèment,

nice to meet you.

My name is Laura, I am a host in Milan, Italy.

I have attended the Airbnb Open in Paris last year and it was great. I would love to participate this year too in LA, but probably I cannot.

This is my question: I gave birth 20 days ago and my daughter will be too little to travel to USA, so I kindly ask you if it might be possible to buy the pass for the Open and receive from Airbnb the credentials to follow the events online through the app, and be part of the news introduced at the keynote sessions. It would be great to me cause I found the three days spent in 2015 very very useful and open minded.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

have a very good day,

Laura

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Laura380,

Lovely to meet you and congratulations on your baby girl. What an exciting time for you. 🙂

It is wonderful to hear you really enjoyed the Open last year and would like to attend this year.

In terms of your question, similar to last year, some of the sessions will be recorded, and these films will be made available online after the event. I believe more information on this will be shared in the next couple of months. 

When I hear more from the team I will be sure to update you here in the AO board.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dear Lizzie,

thank you for your kind reply.

I am in touch with Max from the Airbnb customer in order to understand if it is possible to be part of the news presented at the Keynotes sessions and have the possibility to test them prior to the hosts ot attending the Open.

Ths is the most important thing to me, and I am happy to pay the ticket also if I wouldnt't be in LA.

Hope to hear from you with some news in regards,

I wish you a good day

Laura

Ryan74
Level 2
Topanga, CA

Sounds like a blast! But $300 + to go? As a super host or just a great host I would think you would invite us all to come hang out on your dime? As far as the "invite" fee? I would think $50 max would be the ticket price point especially with the LA demographic. Thats my two cents. I can't go because of the high price. Have a great time all you other airnbrs.....

Barbara275
Level 1
Washington, DC

I would like to know the exact location of the Airbnb Open events, so I can find an Airbnb listing fairly close by -- what neighborhood is the closest, etc.

Thanks, Barb

Hi,

I joined the boards a bit late and am new as an AirBnB Host. Can anyone please guide me to the right place to where I can figure out the locations of the AirBnB open this year and where I should be booking accommodations?
Would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Antonella

The venues will be located along south spring st. , south main st. Between west 6th st. and Olympic Blvd. at Ace hotel, Palace theater, the orpheum and LA theater. Hope that helps.
Raj7
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Does anyone know where in LA the events will be? I'm trying to book my accomodation & don't want to be too far away! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Raj7,

Lovely to meet you, I just wanted to copy you in so you see @Susan234's response answering your question. 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Where is the response... sorry I don't see it 🙂 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Raj7,

Great to hear from you. It is actually displaying as the last comment on the page before, here the specific post link though so it is handy. 🙂

Just to add all of the main theatre venues are closeby to one another and within a short walking distance.

Hope this helps. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Mara24
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

Does anyone still need a share for the loss Angeles convention? I'd like to share with another host or hostess. My schedule just opened up so I'd really love to attend. I have posted before but was unable to hook back up with any of the hostsfeel free to visit my site so that you will know what I'm all about. Please help!