Airbnb Plus Photos

Mary490
Level 2
Austin, TX

Airbnb Plus Photos

We are active Airbnb Plus hosts. The day the photographer took photos it was raining. He never took a photo of the exterior and said he could always return if Airbnb didn’t use one of our photos. Since our plus listing went live we have had numerous requests for external photos. For some inexplicable reason the plus team will not or can’t upload any extra photos!!! It’s obvious to me we are losing bookings because of this and it’s so frustrating. There is no way to talk directly to an Airbnb plus support person! We have jumped through hoops for Airbnb plus as hosts yet we have less support than before.

Support suggested I leave feedback, that has done no good, any suggestions or similar experiences ??

55 Replies 55
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Take your own photo while you work this out.  There are bound to be bugs in the system with this new designation but if you need the photo now, do it yourself.  You can replace it later.  When this was being rolled out, a disclaimer was given about bugs!

We have plenty of great photos but the plus team refuse to even look at them let alone approve and upload one! I’ve tried and asked over 5 times.

LandD0
Level 2
Coogee, Australia

Hi there,

The same things happened to us. The shoot was done by two Photograher’s the first Photograher’s photos were much better.

I asked if they could use a mix of the photos but they won’t answer and it’s taken the 6 months to put the listing up !! We started in Jan and only just got listed.

Plus have refused to change photos that are so overexposed that you can’t see any details as they are blurry. They’ve also used a cover photo of the bedroom instead  of living room. Every time I write, they just dismiss me and say the photos are great. 

Very disappointing. 

Hello everyone. I have exactly the same issues. They even not botherung answer my messages but just closed my case. Unbelivable! The good thing is my Plus page is coplite with disaster pictures and ready to publish so I need just push the button "publish now" but I really dont want it to be live with those pictures. Does any one can advise on my case . Should I leave it hanging like than unpublish? Support team doesnt answer my messages. I hope finding the answer here. Thanks in advance everyone. 

Rohan37
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Same issues 

EvaMaria0
Level 2
Urtenen-Schönbühl, Switzerland

We left Plus again because of the same thing you describe. On Plus we had really bad pictures not representing the home. After they finally admitted that they do not have the resources to send another photographer, we decided to hire one for ourselves. (A suggestion of the Plus CS). The pictures were great but Plus dismissed them all for not specified reasons. We did not get one single booking in a month under Plus - before that it was a successful listing. We left and put our CB own pictures. We got 10 bookings in one week after unlisting

LandD0
Level 2
Coogee, Australia

I am having the exact same problem. 

It is incredibly frustrating, they just dismiss every concern. 

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – to send a direct message here in the Community Center, hover over the profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @LandD0 and @Mary490,

Great to meet you both. Sorry to hear your frustration with uploading photography for your Plus listings.  I've just taken a quick look at your photos and your homes looks so light and inviting. 

I will pass your feedback over to the team. 

Best of luck with hosting.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you Lizzie,

I have a different problem with my airbnb plus lisiting. The photos are fine and I like them very much, but the main photo that airbnb plus team has choosen to rapressent the lisitng is  just the photo of the bed, that doesn't rapresent in full my place. How can i change it to another photo from my listing.

Thankk a lot in advance 

Stefano

I am in the same position. I have sent an email to the support email I've had for the Airbnb plus, but no response at all. So today I called the regular Airbnb help number. I doubt this is going to move forward. I really do need my main photo to be changed. I also need outdoor photos. We have a grill, table and chairs, and currently the "outdoor space" has a photo of a partial dome, completely ridiculous!  Missing some features such as a picture of the loft mattress set up as a bed, (currently only visible as a sitting area.).... Or Bathroom photos.

I'll be more than happy to supply my own pictures. There needs to be a way for owners to add our own photography in addition to yours. My main photo has a winter view. It will not be winter all year!  This makes no sense and the limit that is being held over hosts is quite unnecessary.

@Lizzie I hope you can assist??

Thank you

Ella

Hi - Have you tried changing the listing cover photo from the website interface, rather than the app? I was able to do it this way. KR

Anna

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Anna2023,

I suppose you have done so, to your Torino accommodation.

But now, it won't show anymore 😞

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/22314912

Lizzy - we need to have way to communicate with Airbnb Plus support team - not having that option for people who try to provide higher quality service - doesn't make sence,,, my listing profile picture showing couch and back door,,,instead cheff kitchen that is center of unit,,,Please help.

Hi Lizzie,

I have a similar issue; I have recently been updated to a Plus property however Airbnb has not included a picture of the views. My property is a BEACH FRONT APARTMENT with stunning ocean views!!! It is total madness for them not to include a photo of the beach! I feel like my property's best asset is the view and therefore potential guests are missing out on seeing this. 

If you could help or advise me who to speak to in regards to this matter, that would be fab. I have sent messages to Airbnb however I've received nothing back??

Thanks for your help,
Bree Nield.