Airbnb app not working on Samsung android phone

Anna1095
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

Airbnb app not working on Samsung android phone

Hi - I've tried many times to download the updated app on my Samsung phone. It says log in error, to continue update your Airbnb app

Still not working, log onto your computer

What should I do?

142 Replies 142
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi all,

The issue with the Android version of the app has been identified and a fix is being produced. We expect it to be ready for the next update of the app. Thank you for sharing all this information on this one! In the meantime, please use the desktop version of the platform until such a time the update fix is released.

Thanks again,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Kevin616
Level 9
Western Australia, Australia

Hi Stephanie, when is the next update of the app exactly?

Or approximately?

Airbnb is burning their bridges with thousands of hosts over this (and all the other) issue/s.

Can you possibly push for an update immediately, like TODAY?

it's so frustrating!

Yours is the only positive response I've ever seen on the issue,  including phone calls, messages to cs, posting on the facebook page, and here.

I've already taken one property off the platform, seriously considering the other as well!

*Angry face goes here*

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Kevin616 et al,

I truly appreciate your patience in this, I understand how frustrating it is when tech doesn't work how you need it to. I am chasing the tech team for more information on a fix ETA as it seems the live fix did not quite do the trick. 

Thanks again for being so understanding,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Courtney27
Level 1
Portland, OR

I have been unable to properly use the app as a host since February of 2019...  I don't understand how they have not fixed this bug! I have called constant, spoken with a bunch of tech reps but nothing seems to get better.  Messages won't send, I can't switch between accounts, some days I cannot even log in!  What the hell?  How are we supposed to be effective hosts of our mobile platform is not functioning!?  This is ludicrous!  I have loved airbnb and it has changed my life, but these app issues are no longer tolerable!

Gabe5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Ive just bought a new phone and cant use the app on it...... I cant believe how crappy Airbnb are these days. Being a host is hard work now.

Kevin616
Level 9

@Gabe5 wrote:

Ive just bought a new phone and cant use the app on it...... I cant believe how crappy Airbnb are these days. Being a host is hard work now.

I did the same thing last week!

If Airbnb had sent out a warning message to all users, way back in February, so we all knew about this issue, I could have saved a heap of money by not buying the Oppo (doesn't work with the app, so of no use to me)!

Had to go and buy another brand new phone (iPhone) just to keep up!

Imho Airbnb knowingly, or by omission, allowed me (and many thousands of others) to purchase a useless object, and they really shouldn't made to reimburse all!

My gut tells me they may have even made a secret deal with iPhone, to make the app incompatible with the Android OS, in exchange for percentages. Nothing would surprise me with Airbnb now.

Yixin2
Level 1
Singapore

Ridiculous - I've had to read through all 8 pages and now contemplating downloading the old version of the app via an unknown app store/ source (I know many ppl have used aptoide) but the airbnb app contains my credit information, my VERIFICATION information, the places i've visited so I would prefer an official fix. HIGHLY FRUSTRATING that the stupid captcha just doesn't show, I've had to come up with so many new versions of the passwords because of this entire silly process and I'm quite sure I'll forget the newest version in about 2 days. 

HURRY UP WITH THE FIX AIRBNB I CAN'T BELIEVE IT TOOK YOU MONTHS FROM WHEN THE FIRST COMPLAINT STARTED. ARE YOU A TECH COMPANY, OR WHAT? 

Kevin616
Level 9

@Yixin2 wrote:

Ridiculous - I've had to read through all 8 pages and now contemplating downloading the old version of the app via an unknown app store/ source (I know many ppl have used aptoide) but the airbnb app contains my credit information, my VERIFICATION information, the places i've visited so I would prefer an official fix. HIGHLY FRUSTRATING 

Didn't work for me anyway 😞

Elisa588
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Same problem here, with Samsung Android phone. Captcha pops up, disappears immediately and can't do anything nor log in.

Dawn393
Level 1
South Bend, IN

Just updated my password and now the app does not work on my Samsung Andriod phone! I have uninstalled, re-installed, and I get stuck in the 'Log In loop'. As a host this is ridiculous! I am so irritated. I also travel with Airbnb. How am I supposed to communicate with the hosts where I stay? 

Gilad9
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

same here, samsung S7, gets hanged after password enter, with a white square , nothing moves on, no error message, no login. annoying and embarassing 

Michael3462
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi all, 

Hope this message finds all who has issue with Samsung Galaxy (mine s10). After having same problem not able to log in for a few weeks now I was finally able to make it work! I've had same robot verification problem, it would pop up then dissapear, sometimes ask me to go through pictures with traffic lights etc and so on. What I did is since I have several Google accounts I just decided to try to download Airbnb app using my work gmail, not my regular (in play store you can switch which google account you'd like to use to download apps, if you have more then one account of course). After that I just logged to airbnb regular way, it asked me to go through robot verification but after that it worked!

Hope I described it in full, just try to download Airbnb app using different Google (gmail) account and see if this will help.

Good luck

Kevin616
Level 9

@Michael3462 wrote:

Hi all, 

Hope this message finds all who has issue with Samsung Galaxy (mine s10). After having same problem not able to log in for a few weeks now I was finally able to make it work! I've had same robot verification problem, it would pop up then dissapear, sometimes ask me to go through pictures with traffic lights etc and so on. What I did is since I have several Google accounts I just decided to try to download Airbnb app using my work gmail, not my regular (in play store you can switch which google account you'd like to use to download apps, if you have more then one account of course). After that I just logged to airbnb regular way, it asked me to go through robot verification but after that it worked!

Hope I described it in full, just try to download Airbnb app using different Google (gmail) account and see if this will help.

Good luck

Thank you Michael! I tried every suggestion on here and this is the only thing that worked! 

It took a few goes to log in, with some weird results, but on the 4th or 5th attempt, I was finally able to log in!

There have been I few minor glitches, but it is actually working mostly!

Too bad I already bought another effing iPhone already, waiting forever to get any kind of response from airbnb was just too frustrating and it's really another nail in the coffin of my relationship with them.

I'm down to one listing now, will never use them for travel again, and will be dropping them as str provider as soon as I get back from holidays and investigate other options.

So over this company 😕

Kevin616
Level 9

OPPO Reno Z

Android 9

Craig390
Level 1
Kaleen, Australia

I installed the Samsung browser and for some reason this fixed my login problems.  my guess is they don't do the captcha bit correctly and it gets confused with chrome.