Airbnb iphone app

Daniel236
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Airbnb iphone app

My app is showing that I have a message, but when I go into the app, there is not message.  MY thought was there is a notification somewhere that I am missing and need to view, in order for it to be marked read.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Also, I tried deleting and re-installing the app but the ghost message notification still shows.

Thank you.

75 Replies 75
Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Could each person having an issue please report their iphone version and ios version?

Thanks

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

I'm having the issue on an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5S.

Both phones are updated to iOS 9.3.5

iPhone 6s and iOS 9.3.5

My issue is on Iphone 6+

iPhone 6 app version says 16.49.2 just did an update... 

Nothing works

Same problem. app shows severs enquieries on stats yet no messages etc and nothing on the website.. 

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Phoned Airbnb today and was on the phone for an hour and 16 minutes.  Nothing has been solved.  The woman on the phone was trying to be helpful and was very friendly.  I tried many things but have not been able to solve this problem.  I sure hope that the people that work on the app are looking into this.  My wifes iphone 6 doesn't have the "1" but also doesn't ring for new notifications.  1st world problems, I know, but this is stressing me out.

Lorenzo51
Level 2
Milan, Italy

Same problem here!

Obrad0
Level 2
Novi Sad, Serbia

Iphone 6, ios 9.3.5
Gabriella55
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Hi, same problem 1 ghost message and am Not getting notifications! I actually got a cancellation yesterday because I didn't realize the guest was messaging me. Now I am opening the app constantly to make sure Im not missing any messages, which is stressing me out!
I have an iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.5

I totaly understand You. Same with me. I hope someone is working on it...

Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

Same here. Just sent bug report from app, please do the same all, generally bugs get higher priority with more reports.

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Can you explain how to report the bug throught the app.?  I can't find where to go.

Thanks

person with heart icon, bottom right / scroll down to "Give us feedback"

if you have iphone, search for the app in the app store then simply open it (you already downloaded it) and choose 'reviews'.

Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

@Elly0and @Obrad0 and @Gabriella0 et al,

My husband and I have been having issues with our notifications as well. My husband's just started working today magically while mine is still out. He kindly called Airbnb this past hour, but they still couldn't help with mine.

Has anyone's started working again today like my husband's or is everyone still out of action like me?

Deb