Airbnb iphone app

Daniel236
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Airbnb iphone app

My app is showing that I have a message, but when I go into the app, there is not message.  MY thought was there is a notification somewhere that I am missing and need to view, in order for it to be marked read.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Also, I tried deleting and re-installing the app but the ghost message notification still shows.

Thank you.

75 Replies 75
Daniel236
Level 3
Dallas, TX

I have not had many requests in the past week so I haven't had a chance to test it much.

But, logout of the app.  Not delete, but logout.  Log back in and the ghost number is gone.  

Let the group know if this works for you.

Thank you.

Nevermind. This solution didn't work.

Every message creates a new "1" even after the message is read.

This is on my iPhone 6s and happened before and after updating to iOS 10
Viola16
Level 2
Bournemouth, GB

I also have this same issue. I've rebooted my iPhone, reinstalled the app, gone through all the notifications and messages on my phone AND on my desktop iMac and still it hasn't cleared the "1" from the app icon on my iPhone 6. All systems are up to date.

I've just logged out and logged back in and this has cleared the notification as suggested by Daniel. I haven't had another request as yet but will let you know what happens when I do!

I've just received another notification and it's back to the same old problem. So, no resolution as yet as far as I can see.

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Just logged out of the app and back in.  The 'ghost message' (1,2) is gone!

(not holding my breath yet though)

iPhone 5S - iOS10

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Ditto:

>>I've just received another notification and it's back to the same old problem. So, no resolution as yet as far as I can see.<<

(Ghost msg "1")

poop.

Carole85
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

My app was working great and then it just stopped delivering messages on my iphone, not till i go to computer and repond from there and then it comes on the phone, this week alone i have lost 4 guests, im going back to Telsra who will delete the app and put it back on again because there does not seem to be any way to delete data and clear the app of data from the iphone or from the airbnb site carole australia

Hannah8
Level 2
New York, NY

Same exact problem...I've tried uninstalling the app, rebooting, nothing is working. Enough posts, you would think they would address it!

Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

Finally! the Sept 26th update (v16.38) no longer shows the "1" notification badge, after updating and launching the app. I haven't gotten a message yet, but this is the first time in a looong time the "1" app bage has gone away.

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Same here. 

"1" disapeared with latest app update  (v16.38)  

I have gotten 4 or 5 new messages and the badge notification has cleared each time. 

Fingers crossed this was the fix!

iPhone 6S

iOS 10.0.2

Tim85
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Me too.  I sent a simalar message to the community forum a few days ago.  Still have the 1 message showing but cant figure out the problem. 

Trish30
Level 2
Saratoga, CA

Message Alerts should be used for Guest Messages and New Bookings. I don't need to be alerted when I get a review, when AirBNB is promoting something, or other non-critical events. 

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

Trish

>>Message Alerts should be used for Guest Messages and New Bookings. I don't need to be alerted when I get a review, when AirBNB is promoting something, or other non-critical events. <<

You can easily customise which notifications you wish to recieve in <settings> on the Airbnb app.

Roberta16
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Just about a month or two ago, the notification in the upper right corner of the Airbnb app icon that shows the number of contacts and messages coming in no longer goes away upon accessing the messages in the app.  The notification stays on, forcing me to log off and log back in to get rid of the notification.  I see that there are similar complaints posted here.  Is Airbnb going to fix this?

Audrey62
Level 2
Arcata, CA

I have same problem with Air Bnb App and I'm tearing my hair out. Is there any way it can be synced or do you have to put in all the tedious info again and how can the calendar be updated.  Thanks.

Audrey