All prices are showing in the wrong currency?

Answered!
India0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

All prices are showing in the wrong currency?

This is really an issue for hosting and traveling. For the last few day all prices displayed on airbnb have changed to US Dollars. I'm in the UK, using airbnb.co.uk, my account is in British Pounds ... I'm confused. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

92 Replies 92
Jessica1096
Level 2
Burleigh Heads, Australia

I did this and yes it is easy on the app but the prices on the Air BNB page are all displayed in US dollars and it seems guests have to select their language and currency at the bottom right hand corner of the page once they click on an experience. This is confusing and would be much better if prices were just displayed in Australian dollars (for Australian experiences). However I imagine guests can be anywhere in the world when booking !

If you

--> Go to the home page

--> Click on your "Profile Picture"

--> Choose the first option "Profile"

You'll find yourself on the "Edit Profile" page.

--> Scroll down to "Preferred Currency."

Adrian520
Level 1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

I have followed your instruction using their webpage and I do not see a Prefered Currency option

Mark2919
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

done that..quote in my preferred currency but when it goes to payment its requested in euros

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mark2919 It could be tech bug- try contacting Airbnb as sometimes these things happen and they should be able to update it manually on their end! Good luck 🙂

Chloe91
Level 1
Chorley, United Kingdom

you can do this but the second you make a second search it reverts back to using the wrong currency

Carol600
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Thank you Todd,  I didn't ask the question but also found the prices were in dollars instead of pounds. Hopefully your advise has worked! Carol

@Todd61 wrote:

In the app? Goto [your] profile > settings > currency.

Profile should be permanently in lower right corner of iphone

Thank you so much. I just tried it on Airbnb website; it works there, too. 

Just did what Todd mentioned and it worked like a charm. Use the app on your phone. Go to settings, scroll down to currency and then select your countries currency. Closed my browser and then opened again on my computer and it worked. Great fix Todd!

Noe5
Level 1
Singapore

Precisely, I was shown sgd but paid in usd. In the end, I was charge more then what was shown in sgd. i called airbnb and they state there is no way to resolve, just keep telling me it's like that. I don't know how am I suppose to trust Airbnb when we as Travellers are putting our trust on them and it's no fault of the host

I will start to share this widely across social media. They have had their chance to address the issue but will not sort itt out. 

Anna743
Level 1
Venice, Italy

Same issue here. They are not trying to solve this 

Shaun-and-Maggie0
Level 1
Norwich, United Kingdom

Getting the same issues here, all settings are for UK, profile currency and listing are GBP, yet booking via the app only ever goes through in USD and I get charged more. What gives?

Roman40
Level 1
Ukraine

I'm Ukrainian and I want to pay for an apartment in Greece, I choose USD as a preferred currency and airbnb says that I have to pay in ... Bulgarian levs!!!

Karen550
Level 1
Newport Pagnell, United Kingdom

This has happened to me and I'm paying more than I expected...how much extra is this adding onto the original...in pounds...cost? It seems there's no way to change it either, so I think I may just cancel and use a different site...any recommendations?