BAD GUESTS!

BAD GUESTS!

We had a really bad guest in our house and left a HUGE mess and I was left with a large cleaning bill and I involved air bnb after the guest refused to pay! The guest was NOT happy form the start wantng discounts and free things and then left the house a total mess! Air bnb rejected my claim so I not only hosted this guest I actualy lost money! Has anyone else had this happen to them?! 

Thank you

111 Replies 111

I have a little thing I do to weed out good guests and I have to say that I get much better guests now. Of course it’s not fool proof but it has helped:

In my house rules I ask guests to message me with inquiries and requests that state who all is coming, and if there are children, that they confirm they are willing to sign a waiver of my liability. Those guests who do not message me this way are automatically declined. Sometimes I will work with them a bit and see if I can get them to follow the instruction but usually I just say no.

This really shows me who is an accountable person who takes instruction and is thoughtful to follow them. Those people who write:

Pool??? Washing machine?????

are now quickly sent away.

Hope this helps anyone. Bless you all! 

I think this is pretty accurate. I value good communication and from my experience, have found that when a guest shows good communication when requesting to book or is responsive, it is indicative that that person will be conscientious generally. 

Kimmi1
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Has anyone started a bad guest list? I’d love to add to it! Lol 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Kimmi1  Airbnb Guests Blacklist group on Facebook 

Thank you!

Facebook has a searchable Facebook page wgere you can post comp,ete info about bad guest and searh for names of future guest. AirBnb Blacklist.

Ben493
Level 1
Broughton, United Kingdom

Just had guests who changed their mind and didn't want to stay and have engineered complaints which AirBnb upheld...they got relocated and we have lost money - and all my faith in AirBnb.  They even removed my review of the guests as it was critical of the way Airbnb handled it.  There is nothing you can do in that situation, they hold all the cards

Leslie80
Level 3
Lexington, KY

Yes, yes, yes!!! Almost exactly the same--except my "single" guest brought 5 people with him.  They broke furniture that was brand new the week before they moved in.  

Jane550
Level 6
Australia

Hi yes I have.. the ones who ask for discounts or who request extra itemsare usually a indication of the type who will leave a bad comment etc... ( one group asked for weird items like extra doonas as they insist couples don’t like to share doonas, good god they mustn’t be much of a couple lol ) it seemed obvious they were wanting extra bedding for extra guests which our neighbours confirmed, they also demanded extra high chairs as we state we provide a( as in singular) high chair . They said we have 3 children and need 3 high chairs ,just ridiculous !

Sheree20
Level 1
Duluth, GA

I have a guest that is in my house as we speak who checked in and it was only supposed to be him and immediatly starting asking me if he could bring women.

On my additional rules section it specifically states Airbnb guest only! I wake up the next morning to a woman moaning and groaning in his room...she was extremely loud having sex!

And on top of that he's blocking the neighbors driveway with his car! I told this man at least 3 times not to do so! I called Airbnb and I told them about everything. They contacted him and he apologized 🙄

This guy knocks on my door every 2 seconds about the streaming services, claiming it doesn't work.  There absolutely nothing wrong with the service, he just doesn't know how to work a Roku remote. Then he says oh what about Showtime? I told him look, as my profile stated, I have xfinity, sling, Netflix and HBO now..OMG this guy!

Then He said the sink was clogged, so I bought some Drano, fixed the problem. Now he's mad because of where he has to park. WTH?

I sent him a text saying that it is stated in black and white on the profile about where to park.

It's not my fault he dosent read. No he mad because he can't bring all his skanks in my house. I told him to add her to the reservation and she can stay, he goes oh not I don't want to do that! Smdh.

If your guest is parking illegally on th eneighbours driveway inform him that you are calling the police to have his car towed away. City sewrvices are available, why not use them to make sure your guest knlws completely that you are not playing games.

Mary-and-Col0
Level 3
Alicante, Spain

Go with your gut feeling, check their feed back  from other hosts. Make rules and stick to them, we are only to be contacted between 11am to 13.00, then we do not open the door. We have had some heavy rapping on front door late at night from guest requesting a table and wash cloth, unbelievable.  Requests for sunloungers in winter, these guests were not going to give up till they got what they wanted. We did not leave a review for them.  Had guests staying in winter months who ran the electricity bill up., we sent them the bill they paid half of it. Their reply we were not comfortable or happy staying at your place. It was like the tropics how could they not be comfortable, for the low rate they paid per night free wifi, hot water.    Have raised our nightly prices now and cleaning fee, just because it is Airbnb it does not have to be the cheapest rate .

Curious...Are we allowed to not accept reservations from guests who have zero feedback?

Danny0
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

You never go broke wit fair pricing, you do get ripped off when you offer bargain basement prices because all you attract are bottom feeders.

Definitely agreed.  We used to charge lower prices to drum up more business, but sometimes it just wasn't worth it.  We've raised prices and cleaning fees for all of our listings...The results have been less headaches over all.