Basic Requirements/Accepted Reservations

Diego416
Level 2
Córdoba, Argentina

Basic Requirements/Accepted Reservations

I am a Superhost

I haven't cancelled any reservation in the past but in Basic requirements it says my rating of Accepted reservations is 82%.

What should I do?

There must be a problem in the system I guess as I just got a guess cancelled reservation (it wasn't myself as a host doing it, it was the guest doing that!)

I am annoyed already of not having a contact in Airbnb where to ask for assistance

Any help will be welcome

Cheers

13 Replies 13
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Accepted reservations is not related to cancellations.  It is related to how you respond to reservation requests.  Have you ever declined a request?  I have.  My rate is 88%   

Diego416
Level 2
Córdoba, Argentina

I haven't and furthermore it just dropped when the guest cancelled it

Jason522
Level 2
Oxnard, CA

I have a similar problem. I can’t allow children due to my dock. I have it listed 3 times in the listing and once in the booking section. Yet still I get about 20% of my requests with small children. I guess I’ll just leave Airbnb at this point rather than get hounded by their falling below expectations emails.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I also have never declined an Inquiry or Booking Request and never cancelled a reservation. Yet my Accepted reservations says 94%. The only thing I can think of is that one guest sent a booking request, but just at that time, airbnb stopped sending me notifications, so I didn't see her request until 25 hours after it was sent. I messaged her right away explaining what happened, approved and she booked and stayed. So if that's what the 94% is about, airbnb is downgrading me because of their own tech glitch (notifications stopped- took a month to rectify), even though they got their cut because the guest in fact did book.

Karen499
Level 2
Carpinteria, CA

I am a Superhost & also have a poor "Accepted Reservations" score of 83%.  I would like Airbnb to review my history (audit their work) to be sure there wasn't a calculation error on their part.  If they didn't make a mistake, I need them to explain how I may have caused this to happen.  I'd like a list of the guest inquiries, including name, dates requested & the reason for each.  It just doesn't make sense because I accept every reservation.   Is that what we should do?  Dispute their numbers?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What did Airbnb say when you queried this with them ? If you think it is wrong and your have responded to all inquiries and bookings then give them a call.

No response from Airbnb so far and it's been over six months.

I guess it doesn't really matter because I'm considered a Super Host anyway.

@Karen499, last month I had a series of three requests in a row, which were not satisfactory and I had to decline them (two of them were actually a boyfriend and then a girlfriend using two different accounts). 

My acceptance rate dropped down to 91%, and nearing the 88% threshold, I became a bit concerned, so I contacted Airbnb. They told me the acceptance rate isn't really all that important and as long as I am keeping my response rate at 100%, then not to worry about the acceptance rate. 

I questioned why have the 88% on the basic requirements then, and they said it is just a suggestion. They reiterated that they want the response rate at 100% and as long as it is, then not to worry about the acceptance rate. 

I always respond promptly to all requests - I guess that's why I'm a 'Super Host'!

Bernie31
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

I declined a larger group than the house can accept maybe 18 months ago.

More recently I got an enquiry for a few days in advance but that was only a way for the potential guest to make contact.

The date they wanted for more than 12 months in advance and not visible!

I then cancelled the 'bogus' dates bringing me to less than 88%.

Any idea of how to rectify with AIR B&B?

Next time have the guest cancel their reservation. Or you can accept the reservation, then have the guest let the acceptance expire.

Has anyone contacted Airbnb about this? I have the same thing!! I don't accept all reservations, we like to have a convo with the person first, but I always respond within a few hours. I'm confused as to how they calculate the % on acceptance. Does anyone know if it's better to decline or just leave the request "open" (not accepting or declining). Sometimes guests don't get back to us with a response, how is that our problem that we should get docked percentage wise on this?

@Chris-and-Rachel1    You have to click on Accept or Decline for Booking Requests within 24 hours or you will be dinged on response rate. If it's an Inquiry, you can just answer within 24 hours without pre-approving or declining. A bunch of those inquiries you never hear from again, anyway. It's the acceptance rate on Booking Requests that is counted for the acceptance %, as far as I know.

If your guest has contacted you by putting in a Booking Request, as opposed to an Inquiry, and you still have some messaging to do with them to work things out, you could ask them to withdraw the request, so you don't have to Accept or Decline it, and message you with the same dates but with an Inquiry instead, Then if you work things out with them, you can pre-approve the Inquiry, or they can put through another Booking Request.