Basic amenities policy restricts renting out off-grid

Answered!
Carl-Erik0
Level 7
Oslo, Norway

Basic amenities policy restricts renting out off-grid

The new policy that requires new towels and bed linens is essentially restricting me from renting out my relatively popular off-grid cabin.

I think this is a big mistake on Airbnb's part, as it's the most popular cabin for miles, even though others have a much higher standard. This means, people accept and want this basic experience!

Now, I don't know what to do. I have invested in making upgrades like solar panels and wind generators, and suddenly AirBnB makes a policy change that makes renting it out impossible. This place is an hour's hike into the wilderness, in addition to being 90 minutes from the nearest bigger city, so I can't hire anyone to clean the place and change linens between each stay. All bigger items also need to be transported in the wintertime using a snow mobile. Not exactly a Miami beach house ... yet still exactly what some people crave, as it's extremely rare to be able to rent places like this in a protected outback. So people bring linens and small towels themselves. Everything else is provided for.

I have complained, but received no feedback... What should I do? I don't wish to lie to anyone.

1 Best Answer
Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway
17 Replies 17
Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Thank you for posting that, Mariann! That was a huge relief 🙂

You can see from the thread I linked to that it is a huge relief for MANY people @Carl-Erik0. And that others are shocked to hear that it is common not to offer linen some places.

Happy hosting! Your place looks great 🙂

Har en støl selv (dvs i familien) som er veldig populær.

Mariann 🙂