Best way to list our place with different dates, different requirements

Hal0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Best way to list our place with different dates, different requirements

Hi  Everyone

Here is what I would like

I have a private room in my home.

from June 20 to June 25  we want to have instant booking on  and book guests- I know how to do this with my regular listing( I usually have a 2 night min)  We like to be home to be of assistance and if there are any problem  people,  we are home

From June 28 to July 27 we are traveling and will not be home.  I would like to host and ideally have one reservation for a month with 1 or 2 guests.   I do have a way to give access and I could be available by phone (and we have a housemate that could report problems). The goal would be to have this guest  arrive before we leave ( like a reservation  booking June 26 to July 26) so we can meet the guest(s), make sure they are OK before we do on  our trip.

Is it realistic to think we can find this?

What do you recommend?

Any sugggestions ? ideas?

I do understand I can create a 2nd listing( this would be new listing I assume no reviews)

I also understand I can hire a property management company to help us ( this would cost us)

Thanks Hal

5 Replies 5
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You can split your booking preference as details below although whether you will get bookings for those specific time frames is as good a guess as any - only time will tell. 

To maximise viewing I would suggest list as two separate listings with the relevant dates blocked in the calendars so you don't get double booked.

You can get a management company and like you yourself mention below, it will cost you - perhaps do some research.

your reviews will be linked, in that it a potential guest will be able to see that you have reviews for another listing and when/ if they check it out, they will note that it is for the same property. Perhaps to avoid confusion,, add a one liner explaining the difference albeit the same room/ property.

Wish you all the best.

Ama

Hi Thanks for your information. At this point I changed my listing to min 25 days  / max  32 days with  about market prices for the dates I want to rent around time we are not here.

If we get a booking  can I change  my listing to change min and max  day stays, prices  etc and the long term booking will stay or be valid?

Hal

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I do not know the market in your area, but for airbnb I think short term for tourists is the most common aspect. As far as I understand, anything exceeding 28 days is considered long term and comes under long term airbnb cancellation policy and also under long term rental according to local rules and regulations and would be a very different kettle of fish to a two day min. 

An arrangement like you are describing might work for a home exchange, not too sure about rental.  

@Hal0

Increase your min stay to let's say 25 days and block off your calendar past July 20ish for a few days (for example block 3 days after July 25th). This will result in your listing coming up with the restrictions you listed. You'll come up in searches for a long term (25ish days) stay and the stay will need to happen in the next few weeks. Then it will be broken up into a segment of now till July 25th, and more openings past July 27th. Hope it helps to craft this filter. Leave 1-2 guest as the filter. 

And the market is hot in SF, so you'll likely get a booking you want. 

Hi Thanks for your information. At this point I changed my listing to min 25 days  / max  32 days with  about market prices for the dates I want to rent around time we are not here.

If we get a booking  can I change  my listing to change min and max  day stays, prices  etc and the long term booking will stay or be valid?

Hal