Booked vacation for July 2018 a few months ago but now listing no longer active and can't reach host

Answered!
Michel370
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Booked vacation for July 2018 a few months ago but now listing no longer active and can't reach host

Hi, I'm not sure what to do.  A couple of months ago, we booked for a listing for a summer vacation.  I've since tried to contact the host with no success (first with internal AirBnb messages, then with SMS and email and today I tried to call and the phone number provided is no longer in service).  The AirBnb website doesn't say anything about it but if I look at my reservation on my phone with the AirBnb app, is says "This listing is no longer active" although the booking does still show up in "MyTrips".  If I cancel, the website says I lose 50% of my payment but I'm concerned that we'll never hear back from the host and he's no longer renting through AirBnb ...  Also, we are planning our vacation around this so don't want to show up and not have a place when we get there.

Please advise. Thanks,
Mike

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Michel370 ,

Is the host's profile still active ?

I think better give Airbnb a call to resolve the situation. Phone numbers are in here:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Michel370 ,

Is the host's profile still active ?

I think better give Airbnb a call to resolve the situation. Phone numbers are in here:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michel370   You are absolutely right, no way should you assume that the booking will be honored and just show up. No communication from host and the listing being taken down means it is pretty well assured that this booking is a no-go. You need to contact airbnb, which I realize you have been unsuccessful at so far, but, as @Emiel1 says, try phoning, or contacting through Twitter, which people report get quick responses. Phone numbers are pinned to the top of the first page of the Help forum here.

You should not lose 50% of the booking if the listing is no longer active, you should be entitled to full refund.

This is pretty egregious. Airbnb puts the charge on your credit card when you book, correct? If so they're holding the funds.

There SHOULD be a process whereby if a host cancels their listing (or Airbnb cancels it) they check to verify if there are bookings pending.

It's their responsibility to make sure this is fixed. Yes - call them ASAP.

But let us know how it works out.