Business Registration - San Francisco- Starting September 6, 2017, Airbnb hosts can register

Hal0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Business Registration - San Francisco- Starting September 6, 2017, Airbnb hosts can register

Hi Airbnb  Family

I read this webpage today

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/871/san-francisco--ca

I am a host that lives full time in my home in SF  and have a private room that I rent out. so I meet this requirement-  live there for at least 275 days 

Do you know when  and if airbnb will restrict my ability from listing and getting bookings if I do nothing?

Short-term rental operators in San Francisco must obtain a valid Business Registration Certificate. 

If I need to do this  when must I do this?

Do you know that cost?

Has anyone been thru this yet? What was it like?

Short-term rental operators in San Francisco must also obtain a valid Short-Term Residential Rental Certificate from the Office of Short-Term Rentals 

If I need to do this  when must I do this?

Do you know that cost?

Has anyone been thru this yet? What was it like?

Reporting. Administrative Code, Chapter 41A.5(g) requires you to file quarterly reports in January, April, July and October disclosing the number and dates of short-term rentals of your unit. 

This required?

How do I do this?

Recordkeeping. Administrative Code, Chapter 41A.5(g) requires you to keep records showing your compliance with the law, 

This required?

How do I do this?

Safety Issues. Administrative Code, Chapter 41A.5(g) requires that when hosting, you must post a clearly printed sign inside your unit on the inside of the front door

This required?

How do I do this?

Any guidance would be appricated.

Thanks

Hal

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You seem very informed and yet appear to be looking for area specific feedback, @Hal0.  It might be helpful for you to put your questions on the home page of the Home Sharers of San Francisco.  You will find it on the site Home Sharing Clubs under Discuss.

Linda

Thanks . I posted this there. 

Mukt0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

like to know more , i have a business license is that still work or I have to register seperate for this