CLEANLINESS and Sanitation of linens

Dolores71
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

CLEANLINESS and Sanitation of linens

How can we assure guests and prospective guests that our linens are as clean or cleaner than a hotel's.  I was stunned by a friend who said she was wary of the cleanliness of an Airbnb room. 

6 Replies 6
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Dolores71  Your reviews should do that for you. The stars for Cleanliness are listed on your listing. Guests comments as well should reinforce this for you. I am thinking your friend may have a little OCD issue ;D

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Dolores71, has your friend ever actually stayed in one? You can tell her that there are hotels on here too, keeping their usual standard, trying to keep up with @Letti0 🙂

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I know that some people actually look for evidence of cleaning, not just the absence of visible dirt.  So I iron and fold the bedlinen, then when I put it on the bed I run a lint roller over it but I purposely don't iron or steam out the straight line creases from folding. 

@Dolores71   I read an article that stated that hotel chains and bnb's started to put sticky notes (see images) to assure customers of cleanliness. (Search for "Your hotel duvet cover has been laundered" for full article.)  Some hotels are believed to only wash duvet covers, counterpanes, blankets, pillow and mattress protectors etc.  once a month, even yearly.  Apparently customers were assured and pleased to see these notes.  I personally wouldn't do it, but each to his own.

@Kathie21  I do the same – leave the folding creases.  I have had people get on a chair and run their fingers over the top of the wardrobe, they mentioned it to me and said how clean it was and that in some hotels they had found dust on high picture rails and tall wardrobes!  The mind boggles at such people.

I think the best compliment I had was for my battered old floors, some people mistake battered for dirty, the guest wrote  'scrubbed clean'.  She lived in an old farm house so could spot the difference between battered/distressed and dirt. I may add her words to my description.

duvet-is-clean-sticky-note-16_9.jpghouse-16_9.jpg

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dolores71,

Welcome to the Community.

Great question! I was wondering if you've seen all the helpful replies that have been given? It'd be great to hear back from you! 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi Dolores

The accomodation and linens are either sparkling clean or not.

Its a bit patronising to leave a note saying the linens are clean.