Calendar problems

Answered!
Lucinda-Beaumont0
Level 2
Riding Mill, United Kingdom

Calendar problems

I think I am a victim of this really annoying calendar problem that seems to be happening whereby dates which I have blocked randomly become unblocked. VERY frustrating, although I keep an eye on this every day to catch them when it happens. However, even more annoyingly, I have just noticed that the system is allowing potential guests to book any time in advance when I clearly state I would only like 6 months in advance. The setting looks correct but the dates still haven't blocked out. I don't know what else I can do to fix this! Please help!

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lucinda-Beaumont0  How annoying and frustrating for you.  You should be able to trust that the platform is working.  Sure, every once in a while any platform will glitch, but if you have to sit on it daily, Air BNB needs to be notified.  The community guide on this site has several options for contacting Air BNB, I like to use Twitter for technical issues.

View Best Answer in original post

73 Replies 73

Did you manage to solve that problem? I have the same one.. No help from  Airbnb at all.. 

This has been my problem as well, and I got a penalty for cancelling, which when I called they removed. Now I have tried your suggestion and we'll see how it works.

Prudence1
Level 2
Balnarring Beach, Australia

Hi Susan,

Thanks for that. Did it work?

Prudence

Thank you for this information, I will try it and hopefully it will be sorted out!

Hi all, I am very new at this...we have 3 rooms but it seems when guests book it blocks out the whole unit even when only 1 room is occupied? How do I resolve this? as we still have 2 rooms open on those dates?

@Tamlyn0  Please put both of your listings on hold as soon as possible.  You do not understand how this booking platform works AT ALL!.  At this time you are listing an entire house in each listing while you intend to list individual rooms.  You need to list each room individually, otherwise your nightly rate is applied to the whole house.  In order to "snooze" the listing, go to managage calendar, on the left of the calendar all the way at the bottom you will see a box with Listed in it.  Click on it and change to Snooze.  Do it for both then go to Add Listing on each listing and list each room.

This may be a challenge to you, but I would hate to see you have to cancel bookings because you are still in a learning curve.  You are listing a lodge on a platform that is not as friendly  to that type of space, but it can be done.  There are many hosts that have B&B's.

Sorry to be so forceful in my response but I hope the best for you and your business.

Prudence1
Level 2
Balnarring Beach, Australia

A similar problem has happened to me . I opened up a week in November and it has automatically opened up December, January . I have other plans at this time and will be away. Now I have a booking over Christmas peak time without my knowledge of it being open. I am furious and try to be rerliable .With these malfunctions happening it is difficult to run a reliable service.I will also get wrapped over the knuckles and possibly get removed form air bnb as threatened.

SO THE CALENDAR IS UNBLOCKING DATES BY ITSELF

My calendar is also randomly making dates available which should not be and unfortunately bookings have been made - how do I stop this?

Same thing here, I got reservations that are not greying out on the calendar, and other guests are able to inquire about the days that should be greyed out?

Nikolaus5
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

I also am having this issue where the calender randomly unblocks dates every few days and then I have to decline reservations on dates that were previously blocked. Literally every day I am having to go back and reblock. I've sent messages to the support staff over 10 days ago and no reply. Has anyone recieved a reply? A fix?

Hi Nicholas, from Halifax. If you go back into this blog you'll see where I had the problem and with help fron Airbnb figured it out (if we are talking the same issue). I don't have the Airbnb site up but if you go to the Availability menu you'll find a button that asks about something like 'all future dates' or 'three months' plus one other choice I think. Select 'all future dates' - you've likely got 'three months' selected. What that does is unblock the day three months from today everyday. Hope that helps. I had a 'penalty' and 'fine' for cancelling bookings that came when days were supposedly blocked but got help from Airbnb (Guila) and got that reversed. Don't know why Airbnb doesn't fix this 'cause lots,of people have the same issue. Bill Reinhart

Sarah628
Level 1
Camden, ME

I am having the opposite problem that most people seem to be having.   I have blocked dates I am now trying to unblock. I get a message that says "There was a problem, try again". No matter how many times I try I get this message. This happens when I try indiviual dates or choosing a block of dates. I'm afraid I am missing potential guest. Yikes! 

Seems like they have *fixed* the calendar or at least changed the user interface. I was finally able to unblock the dates I wanted successfully. But I don't know if I missed some potential guests in the meantime. For me, its small potatoes, but when I think of the world-wide use of this service and the aggregate lost income its got to be millions. So I hope they address the issue quickly and to everyone's satisfaction. I never heard a peep from any tech support or *help* service - not even an aplopgy or acknowledgement that there was a problem. 

Carolyn111
Level 1
Melbourne, United Kingdom

Me neither! This is the first summer I have used airbnb and I am 90% certain not to use it after September. Unreliable service, aggressive accusatory messages and impossible to talk to airbnb!

Jb7
Level 2
Austin, TX

My current problem with the calendar is that I did open up the Calendar for 12 months into the future. However, I would like to block off some of those dates in the future but it keeps saying "Sorry, something went wrong, please try again." I have tried multiple times and logged in and out. My only choice has been to go back to my 6 month availability setting. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, how was it resolved?