Can't ask host a question

Mars3
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Can't ask host a question

I am trying to contact a host to ask some quesitons before I book the place and silly AirBnB makes you enter arrival and departure dates, which I chose however when I put in my question and hit send, it comes back with an error message that the dates are invalid.  I know that the dates are available as I can see in her calendar and I have asked to stay 6 days so why does it say invalid?  I've tried several times with different dates and months and different computers.  Any help!  is AirBnb falling apart?

18 Replies 18

This messaging system is bonkers. Can't message the host without choosing dates. Dates aren't available yet so can't message the host. Only two dates will be available so as soon as they are gone I guess you still can't message the host because you still can't pick any dates. Designed by someone on drugs, just say no people, this is what it gets you...

@Alex8142  Yes, it doesn't make sense to have to enter dates simply to ask a question. 

But you don't have to enter the dates you actually want if they aren't available on the calendar yet. Just enter any open date. You can explaain in your message to the host what dates you actually want, or that you are just seeking information at this point.

I tried that but no dates are available yet so you can't pick a date. And as explained, only 2 dates are opening up and they'll go quick which means you're back to square zero as no dates will be available to pick again!!!

@Alex8142  Yes, there's not much you can do about that, unfortunately, when a host doesn't open their calendar far ahead.