Can this review be considered as a humiliating?

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Can this review be considered as a humiliating?

Guest expressed no issues untill 2 hour left to check out, then called us asking if we can do refund, because she does not want to leave bad review. We obviosly denied, since she did not came with any specific complain during her stay. Then she called airbnb with complain, I got a call from a case manager who was having bad day in job and she deducted money from our account without listening to us. Anyways I moved on. Then guest left 1 start review here are some parts: "As my friend put it "Its a place for your friends to vomit and sleep". And yes it does the job of that fairly well" more is here "Would not recommend for families or events with dumb guests who can hurt themselves everywhere." 

So I speak 7 languages and english is one of them, although I was english speaker from age 3 I don't consider myself as an expert in english. But in my opinion this review is crossing the red line of ethis and should be consided as a humiliating. What do you guys think?

11 Replies 11
Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Just so you know, her other arguments were "no outside lightning" - we did not advirtised listing as a one with outside ligtening but had lights in shelves, she did not found it then I sent her the pictures in message thread, but she still put this to review. "Glass outside", my cleaner took pic of "glass" and it was the used ice spilled and trashed all around the house by the guest herself. Rest were mostly fictional...

Phillip97
Level 2
Birmingham, United Kingdom

I'd say the review is petty and exaggerated, yes.

Humiliating? Only you can decide that. Personally, I would not be "humiliated" by something so slight.

It seems that she's not the first to complain about mold and mildew...and you seem to have replied the same to the other users. Like it's their fault for not reporting it sooner?

Maybe a more hands-on approach to inspection from yourself is in order.

All I would say is, make sure your properties are clean, free from mold/mildew, and don't give people anything to complain about.

But reading her reply, she complains that there were "no oven mitts" which made her sad because she was cooking Thanksgiving.

So I would suggest she is being petty and overly dramatic overall.

So take it on the chin, write it off as a loss, and make sure that mold is cleaned up.

One complaint from a random drama queen is nothing...

Two people complaining about the exact same thing? You should take note.

Phillip97
Level 2

also, having looked at her own reviews against her profile....

this one caught my eye:

"We really enjoyed Jena's husband's presence. He's welcome back anytime."

HAHAHAHA. This is a low blow.

I read that as "your husband is welcome back...but you are not."

I wouldn't stress too much about it. She seems a little bit unpleasant.

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

🙂

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Hi Phillip, I run nearly 10 properties and had over 700 guests this year. The other review was about other property which is not related to this one.

Phillip97
Level 2

fair enough.  don't lose any sleep over it.

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

To be honest part about vomiting is the part I am uncomfortable with. My house is not a toilet or anything like that...It is a normal house where a family used to live...

Phillip97
Level 2

the way she worded it, it sounds like she was referring to her own cooking tbh.

also...."the fire alarm had mold on it".

who the hell checks for that? LOL

she's just being petty.

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

ahahahaha you made my day man 🙂

@Az2 - Have you pulled the listing that is related to this review or did Airbnb?  Did you know in advance that she was going to host a giant party there?  

I pulled and then airbnb paused it. We allow parties. But all these is not a problem. I just feel humiliated with words she has on the review.