Cancellation Policy Varied by Date

Jen189
Level 1
Whittier, CA

Cancellation Policy Varied by Date

I want to open up the dates to allow for Coachella and Stagecoach 2019 bookings...but just for those weekends I want a strict cancellation policy.  Is there a way to have the moderate policy for all dates and the strict policy just for those weekends?

3 Replies 3

You can't set different cancellation policies for different dates on the calendar.

If you change your policy to Strict and take reservations for Coachella and Stagecoach 2019, then those specific reservations will have Strict cancellation, even if you later set your policy back to moderate. But then *all* reservations taken while your policy is Strict will have Strict cancellations.

(The cancellation policy for any given reservation is whatever was in force at the moment the reservation was made, regardless of the current setting.)

So the nearest thing to do is set your Cancellation policy to Strict, open the dates for Coachella and Stagecoach 2019, and hope they book up first and quickly. Then set your policy back to Moderate for everything else.

Jen189
Level 1
Whittier, CA

Thank you very much for the quick response and the tips!  Hopefully I won't deter other bookings while the strict policy is showing.

Lauren111
Level 7
Rockport, MA

Airbnb is asking for hosts to submit questions for its next Host Q&A, and I would like to see this on their list. Please visit the page for Host Q&A https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Q-A/idb-p/2018-q3-en and search for "Cancellation" and then click to like this question posted by Lauren. If we give it enough support, it just might finally get their attention! Thanks!