Cancellation fees for the host

Emma385
Level 2
Broughton Beck, United Kingdom

Cancellation fees for the host

Am I right in thinking that the guest has 24 hrs to back track on their booking penaltie free?  Shouldn't the same apply to the host.  Advertising across many platforms and the fickle nature of the calender synch, hectic lives or even just illness and being away from the desk occassioanally ends up with double bookings.  Surely the host should also have a 24 hr window to cancel the booking penalty free.  It seem sometimes its all about the guest.  As hosts we work hard to provide an awesome service then when a slight mistake happens we are hit hard.

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Emma385 airbnb is introducing a 48hr grace period where the guest can cancel penalty free 3 times a year.

Have a read Airbnb-Updates/New-strict-cancellation-policy-update

I find it safest to only have one platform on instant book and the others send reservation requests.

Emma385
Level 2
Broughton Beck, United Kingdom

Thanks @Jeff158 What I was trying to say was why can't us HOSTS have the same right as guests in that we can cancel their booking within 24 hrs too.  

Airbnb is very much tilted to guests rights over the host.

Sometimes (vary rarely) we may have to cancel but we get heavily penalised.  

Thanks for the link though....

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Emma385 I can't think of any platforms hosts can cancel penalty free within 24hrs unless of course its a direct booking.

Have a look at eurodirectrentals.com its free to advertise on