Help, I'm suddenly being massively spammed with email notices for EVERY post being made here!!!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Help, I'm suddenly being massively spammed with email notices for EVERY post being made here!!!

... not only those I've reacted to and marked for notice,

but all others I never opened or reacted to!

@LizzieUK coordinator - do you know about a bug in the system?

Anybody else have this?

Getting very annoying.... my phone hardly stops buzzing  😕

Thanks!

13 Replies 13
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Maybe that is the prize for hitting level 10! 🙂

I am not experiencing this, but I can see that it would be annoying. Hope it is resolved before you go mad.

You must have accidentally hit the subscribe all button. I do this but have rule (filter) in my gmail that bypasses the inbox donut does not clutter up my inbox and I find it easier to skim the posts in my mail than on the website.

I think the option is only available from computer. I'm on my phone now so I can't confirm.

If you find it DM me.
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Andrew90

Never mind the DM I sent you this morning. By chance I figured it out! But thanks so much.

I'm normally never in the single groups, but was looking for something yesterday and must have hit the Follow button on Hosts.

It's been quiet the last hour or so, thus must have been the solution. 

The site sometimes feels like searching for landmines...

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You must have been bad.

David
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Revenge of the system for being a (almost) know-it-all smarty pants...

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Andrea9........Oh no!.....I must be in trouble then!!!!!

Hopefully the coordinators will be on top of this.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Robin4 this is a thread hijack, but weren't you one of the hosts who cldn't publicly reply to reviews anymore?

I put this on Host Voice if you want to give it a thumbs up 🙂

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Please-keep-the-option-for-reviews-gt-Public-Response-lt/...

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Andrea9 Hasn't affected me yet but, as I am just about to start my next round of Airbnb hosting for a few months will see what happens.

I am happy with the review and response system because it has been kind to me, and enquiries are coming from potential guests based on the posted reviews and my responses. They are probably a bit over the top and lengthy but I wouldn't like to lose them..

Your piece in Host Voice is spot on Andrea...just not sure about the limiting content bit, from my point of view!

Cheers.....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrea9,

Thanks for letting me know about this, I know what you mean about this, no-one wants to be bombarded by notifications! 🙂

I've just taken a look at your account and as @Andrew90 mentioned it does look like you are subscribed to quite a few boards and threads, so this might explain why you are receiving so many. You can take a look at you list via your activity settings. Presently, the direct link isn't displaying in your Community Activity tab (found by hovering over your profile image in the top righthand corner) we do have a ticket in with the tech team regarding this, therefore the easier way to reach this area is actually via your email notification. 

At the bottom of your email notification your should see a line saying: 'Manage your subscription & notification settings'. When you click on this (when logged into the CC), it will take you to a page which look like this:

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 15.10.48

Below this you will see all of the boards/threads you are subscribed to. If you wish not to unsubscribe from one or several, you can tick the box next to the individual thread and then click on 'Email Subscriptions Options' (found of the right-hand side of the page). 

If this doesn't help to solve this, please do let me know as it may be something else which I will look into further. 🙂

Let me know how you get on! 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie

There you are and thanks Lizzy!  Hadn't seen that email footer, because with my 13" screen I usually don't scroll all the way down  or simply use a half-screen mail preview for quicker view. Good to know this shorter overview section!

Will have another look.

The threads I'm subscribed to aren't the problem, though this answers my ponderings on how to not be notified about dinosaur posts people still post on.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrea9,

Happy Friday! I am wanted to check if this worked and if you are receiving less notifications now? 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hello @Lizzie, and Happy Friday to you too!  🙂

And thanks for asking, it worked like a charm!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear. 🙂

--------------------