Cancellation

Tonnya0
Level 1
San Clemente, CA

Cancellation

Hello, I have a reservation for this weekend.  I recieved a phone message from the guy and prior to his booking he did ask me if our house had been recently painted as he has paint allergies.  I informed him it had not and he went ahead and booked.  The message today was that he has multiple allergies to air freshners ect.  I need to leave all windows open.... I am feeling like this may not be a good fit after all and sent him an email letting him know it may be best if we cancel.  What is best way to handle this situation.

Tonnya

2 Replies 2
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Maybe just ask him to list his allergies, to see if it is possible? I think it will not be too bad, they are just worried about you spraying/painting/whatever.

You could tell the guest that no fresheners are used, no recent paint, but you will not leave the windows open in an unattended house.

and i forgot: do not cancel. Let the guest cancel if he wants, but you will have the calendar blocked, fine etc.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Sounds fishy to me.  I agree with the previous response.  Do not agree to leave windows open.