Cancellation

Dawn138
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Cancellation

I just started advertising my cottage on Airbnb last Saturday. My first booking was for October 19th for one individual, two days stay. On the 17th the guest wrote and said she needed me to accommodate four additional people, including one child under 12. My house rules clearly state maximum of four guests and no one under 12. When I told the guest I couldn't approve her request, she sent me a cancellation request, so I cancelled. Now I'm reading that if I cancel a reservation, I can be penalized. Who do I let know about these extenuating circumstances so I won't be given a bad rating right out of the shoot! Frustrated! Dawn

3 Replies 3
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Dawn138

Bad luck, guests will try anything! We often have people ask if they can fit in an extra person here and there. You're right to say no.

Airbnb numbers are on many threads on this forum. Have a search, and then call Airbnb.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll help you so you may just have to put this down to experience!

Good luck.

Thank you, Ben. It's definitely a learning experience! Just hope I get the hang of it before I ruin my own reputation!

Dawn

Dawn138
Level 2
Tampa, FL

And now there's a hidden review written by the guest that I can't see, but there's no place for me to write a review on her.