Cancellations

Cancellations

After requesting and placing a reservation, I contacted the quest and requested information such as name, address, number of people who will be using the unit, etc. All information needed for the resort to complete the reservation. It has been severial weeks and I have not heard from the quest. I just received another request for the unit during the same period. How do I cancel the first rservation and still remain in good standing with Airbnb?

8 Replies 8
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

I just selected several of your listings and did not find any requirement in the House Rules that indicates that a guest needs to provide all this personal information. Without that type of disclaimer in your listing, I am not sure that AirBNB will back you up and not inflict penalties for canceling.

Dean, to cancel with no penalties you will need to call Airbnb. and explain why you are not comfortable and they will (or not) cancel on your behalf. You can also ask Airbnb to contact the guest and tell them they need to contact you asap.

Thanks Ange. I'm just not comfortable with a guest who cannot or will not provide such simple information at the time requested or for that matter, within a few weeks of being asked. Is there an acceptable time frame to wait?

Dean,  Acceptable time-frame is up to you, and would be dependant or how not knowing or getting no response  impacts  you and your listing.

Thanks.

Thank you for your input Susan.

I would hope that because this information was requested by myself and accepted by the guest in writing, that would be taken into consideration. Thanks again.

@Dean97 So they agreed to this during the request/response messages? Then I would call AirBNB and plead your case. Since this was not an Instant Book reservation, it is almost impossible to tell what an AirBNB customer service person will decide. It is a total crap shoot, but worth a try, I would think.

Thanks