Cannot Cancel Pre-Approval

Answered!

Cannot Cancel Pre-Approval

Pre-approved a guest a day ago, gave them 24 hours to confirm as I can't keep the dates frozen.
They don't respond.
Can't cancel the pre-approval...

No button to be found in inbox thread.

1 Best Answer
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Mike64 Pre-approvals expire after 24 hours, so that's why you can't cancel...it's already expired.

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Mike64 Pre-approvals expire after 24 hours, so that's why you can't cancel...it's already expired.

I have the same issue, but mine the reservation booking is 3 weeks ahead but don't see the button to Decline the reservation.

Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi Fillipe,

Are you trying cancel a confirmed reservation? That's a different thing to declining or pre-approving an enquiry. 

If you do want to cancel an existing reservation, the steps are here.

However, you will be punished unless you have a very good reason, so watch out! 🙂

Thanks Enda, actually the pre-approval hasn't been confirm by the guest. Is just that guest were not able to communicate.

A pre-approval is different from a pending reservation.  I have had pre-approvals stay for weeks on my account.  Its usually when someone sends out inquiries to several hosts and then makes a decision out of the several options.  Generally, people will not respond to let hosts know they chose something else. Its not a big deal but it would be courteous to let a host know a yes or no and not a lingering maybe...  

A pending reservation is the one where a potential guest has decided they want to make a reservation, payment info has been submitted, all that is waiting is final approval from host to be accepted.  This is the one that expires after 24 hours not a pre-approval  to an inquiry.?

I have the same problem since there is no button to remove pre-approval.  Is there another way to do this

So if the kid doesn't book it's cancelled?
Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi Angie,

A pre-approval stays active indefinitely unless you remove it. So, you're just saying 'I'm fine with you if you want to go ahead and book whenever you're ready'. It doesn't block your calendar so you can pre-approve several enquiries at the same time - first one to act on your pre-approval gets the dates. At that stage, anyone else you pre-approved get a 'not possible' message if they try to book.

Hope that helps,

Enda

This is a very heplful thread, but I want to "cancel" the preapproval because I am now not available for those dates (not because someone booked my plac eon AirBnB, but because other things are going on in my life). I do not see a way to actually cancel or decline the preapproval at this point in the message in the Inbox. It has been greater than 24 hours. Can someone help me figure this out? 

Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ariella2,

You don't need to cancel the preapproval. Just block out the dates on the calendar that your listing isn't available. If the preapproved guest tries to book, they will get the message 'not possible'.

Cheers,

Enda

Hi Edna! Thank you for your input! 
This means that I do not have to do anything with a pre-approval if I received a booking request for the same dates and I have approved the booking. Right? 
Thank you! 
Alicia

Peggy147
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Hello Enda, i am the host but really new in airbnb. i preaproved a guest yesterday and i went to blocked my calendar for the guest. i checked it today saying i dont necessary to do it. and now the status is not.possible. just wondering what does it mean? i did edit my dates available now.

Thank you for this answer as I could not find to "removal of pre-approval"  button within the thread.

Mahalo so much 🙂 was just searching for answer and, here it is.

If I understand, when I pre-approved a request, if not confirmed by the potential client, the pre-approval is automatically cancelled after 24 hours.

However, after 3 weeks  I have send the pre-approval I still can't see that my villa is available for rent. I can't find my villa at all in search, even when I narrow the criteria.

so how can I be sure that this is really happening?

thanks for your help.