Cannot Cancel Pre-Approval

Answered!

Cannot Cancel Pre-Approval

Pre-approved a guest a day ago, gave them 24 hours to confirm as I can't keep the dates frozen.
They don't respond.
Can't cancel the pre-approval...

No button to be found in inbox thread.

1 Best Answer
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Mike64 Pre-approvals expire after 24 hours, so that's why you can't cancel...it's already expired.

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

If you approved a *request*, the reservation is complete- you have a booking. Get ready!

If you pre-approve an *enquiry*, the guest can complete the reservation or not. Your calendar remains free unless they complete the booking.

Good luck!

PS: I can see your listing so it's active. 

Hi everyone

I pre-approved someone but now I decided  I want to change the price for those dates. They havent confirmed yet, but I changed the price on calendar and it did not change the price on their reservation request.

How can I remove the pre-approval for this person as I am no longer interested in renting for the price I pre-approved them for?

Thanks!

Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Barbara144,

You'll need to do this on your computer:

1. Go to your Inbox on airbnb.com
  2. Open the message thread with the guest
  3. Click Remove Pre-approval

That should do it.

Enda

Thanks @Enda0, but I dont see the "remove pre approval" option.

Surely a lot of this thread is related to questions about not being able to find the "Remove Pre-approval" button on the message thread with the potential client. The official Air bnb advice keeps on being to click this mysterious Remove Pre-approval button which, like the others on this thread, cannot find. It should be prominently displayed on the message thread with the client to avoid people being uncertain about whether the date is somehow semi-booked.

Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Fiona42,

When I open the message thread with a guest (on my computer), I see at the top [pre approve] [decline] [send sepcial offer]. If I have pre-approved, the first box changes to [withdraw pre-approval]. 

It looks like we're at the mercy of yet another change in how Airbnb do things. They change something but don't update the help texts at the same time. Maybe they are experimenting with some of us/all of us/temporarily... We don't know. 

What we do know is that a pre-approval doesn't block your calendar. There is no semi-booking (in my experience!) 

Georgia10
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Need some clarification please.....

Reading this thread I see two views that are in conflict - some people say a pre-approval expires in 24 hours, others say they last forever and you have to go through some manual effort to block dates etc. So which is it?

I pre-approved a guest a couple days ago. They have not confirmed so I'm trying to figure out the status of my pre-approval. I looked at the conversation in the Inbox with this guest, there is NO button to cancel the pre-approval.

Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Georgia10,

I have the button at the top of the message thread on my computer. I can click [withdraw pre-approval]. 

It seems that other people can't see this. Airbnb sometimes change the way some hosts can do things. For example, newer hosts are reporting that they can't turn off Instant Book. Older hosts can. I guess they are experimenting...

Anyway, from my experience as an older host, pre-approvals don't expire. I think some people are mixing up requests and enquiries. (But, knowing Airbnb, who knows?)

Good luck!

Enda

Susanne43
Level 1
Arnhem, Netherlands

Hi there,

I have a pre-approved for a year in advance - guest now decided it's too far from where they need to be. However the guest is not cancelling and I can not decline. The callendar is now blocked for that period, so no new bookings can be done.

How do I get the calendar to free up again?

Thanks

Susanne

Gisele8
Level 2
South Africa

Hi, I have similar issue... I pre approve a reservation on Saturday, today is Tuesday and he didn't pay the invoice, which is already expired. He told me he will change the reservation, but is still bloquing my calendar! I was going to cancel and saw the penalties... How can I cancel without being penalized?
Gisele8
Level 2
South Africa

Hi, I have similar issue... I pre approve a reservation on Saturday, today is Tuesday and he didn't pay the invoice, which is already expired. He told me he will change the reservation, but is still bloquing my calendar! I was going to cancel and saw the penalties... How can I cancel without being penalized?
Dianne67
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

I pre-approved a booking for this person for 3 weeks in advance but 1 day before he left he 

burnt a hole in my couch saying he was sorry he had a few joints that night .My rules are definatly 

no smoking inside I have a list of all the house rules clearly shown inside the flat.

I want to cancel his next booking and there ever after. What can I do and not get punished for this 

Please help and if someone can advise me on this