Check in guide

Richard561
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Check in guide

Hi, I've just noticed the check in guide feature which looks handy. I'd just like to work out if this is automatically sent to all confirmed guests or can I select which guests I send it to?

Thanks

41 Replies 41

Agreed. I think they deleted it during an update or something

Grant42
Level 2
Cairns North, Australia

Hi there I am wondering the same thing. Did you get an answer ?

Could you please share with me.

Thankyou in advance.

Grant

Jo-And-Ben0
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hello

Does anyone know when it is sent to guests?

I don’t like to share our lockbox code too early.

Jo

Hi,
Just confirmed guests can see the check-in guide 3 days prior their arrival and during their stay.

Hello, it has been 2 months that we have been here with Airbnb. We can see the photos in the mobile app checkin instructions-our guest cannot. Previously and for a very short time, the guest were able to see the checkin instructions.

Airbnb also cannot see the photos nor resolve the problem but are saying that it may be due to their new upgrades.

The only negative reviews that our guest have is with the checkin instructions and we would prefer that this were not the case at all.

Our only resolution has been the tedious process of manually resubmitting all of the instructions and photos to our guest's cellulars directly.

Anyone else having this problem?

Hello Jo and Ben!

You can send it to guests whenever you want. However, it will only be visible for guests 72hrs before the check-in. 

Forgot to tell you...

There is a “key” icon in the Inbox message area at the bottom of the page. 

You can click on that little key icon and the App generate a URL LINK that will take the guests to your Check-in guide process.

The link will be something like this:

https://www.airbnb.com/reservation/check-in-guide/XxxxxxX

Key icon at the bottom of the messages pageKey icon at the bottom of the messages page

Thank You!!!

THANK YOU, THAT SOLVED OUR WHOLE PROBLEM!

Kate221
Level 5
Atlanta, GA

Can anyone tell me if the guests are permitted to look throught the check in guide before arrival? I would actually PREFER them to see the details the night before as they can't get access before then anyway.

@Kate221 @Jo-And-Ben0 I think it is included in the reservation so they have access when it's confirmed. 

Thank you for your email. I'm just curious to know whether they can go through each step prior to arrival and then start the process from (for example) when they arrival at the airport. For my guests, it is advisable to look through the guide first to familiarise themselves & be able to do so multiple times ; )

@Kate221 I usually send it 2 days before the trip and constantly encourage my guests to review it before the trip to get familiarized with the process and I ask them if they reviewed it and if they have any questions. This may help them to feel comfortable with the process before their trip, especially if the process involves lockbox for key pickup, etc.

I found this tool very helpful and all my guests are happy with it.

Thank you! Whilst I do encourage my guests to look through it - they don't always. But I agree it is a great tool

I’ve noticed the majority of my guests don’t seem to look at it so I end up answering last minute questions that are all answered in the “Check-in Guide”. Even after i message them specifically to tell them all information is located in the check-in Guide most still don’t end up looking at it. So, I ended up just going back to messaging all my guests individually the night before with all the information.