Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Checking your dashboard!

Photo

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are having a great week.

Earlier in the week, I had a read over the latest Host Newsletter. For those of you who haven't seen May's edition, take a look at the Newsletter Board here in the Community Center. (I recommend with a nice cup of tea) 🙂

With this in mind, I wanted to open up a discussion around one of the main highlights shared this month, which is on the update to the Host Dashboard. I know this is such an important area to many of you as it regularly comes up in discussions here, so I thought it would be an interesting talking point for us all.

How do you use your dashboard, are you someone who checks your page views every day or every week for instance? Are there particular areas you find useful or perhaps you think there is still some additional information you would like to see here. How are you finding the updates?

It would be great to hear your thoughts. 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

28 Replies 28
Jeanette127
Level 1
Mendocino, CA

I have recently joined as an airbnb host in an effort to offer free housing to those who've lost homes to the Camp Fire here in California.  I'm concerned, however, by the fact that Goggle states my dashboard is not accessible.  Does that mean those looking for my site cannot find it?

@Jeanette127 , I can't find it either; looks like you do not have any place on the Airbnb platform..

Hi, I can’t find the dashboard either,  I used to use it frequently and now I’m lucky if I can even get into it.  I would very much appreciate some help if anyone knows an easier reliable way to locate the dashboard. I am a fearly new host still  finding my way around the site.

Jill NZ.

Jill,  I had difficulty at first too.  I have to search using airbnb.com/room/dashroom and then it comes up as either the number 2 slot or around 4 or 5 on my list.  It brings up my page immediately.

Jacqui-And-Dallas0
Level 2
South West Rocks, Australia

Yes, I get totally lost sometimes, searching for review edit was a convoluted  nightmare. Also, why do we only now get to see a photo of enquirers AFTER they’ve booked? After all, they see the hosts prior to booking? 

Also, some of these photos are of a cat, or pot plant? Um...

Eleanor96
Level 1
Caloocan, Philippines

Why can't I access my dashboard? 

Barbara1630
Level 2
Bigfork, MT

I am a newbie but I do like to check my dashboard daily after I had to get help on how to find it in my browser.  Sometimes it takes me time to bring up my reservation list, but when I do find it I double check with my personal calendar and print out a list weekly to share with my manager. 

My questions to you veterans is how come occasionally I get an opportunity to use the 'chat' option when i need to converse with someone and most times I seem to dtermine how to bring up the option.  There has to be something I am not seeing or know where to find.  Help!

Cindy585
Level 1
Seal Rocks, Australia

Where is the Airbnb icon that allows you to bring up the menu and click on hosting - I can't get in,  it's driving me crazy!   Please fix this

Nancy582
Level 2
New London, CT

I don't know how to find the dashboard once I am into the app.  Typically, I log in directly into Air BnB  Host Dashboard.  Works perfectly.  The most helpful thing that I use is the Upcoming reservations report that I print and keep for myself and my housekeepers.  I do wish that data was sortable so that I could sort it by room/listing.  Also, I would like to be able to hide the $$$$ column.  Not interested in my staff knowing what I bring in.  

As far as how often I check my dashboard, daily.  My real source of information is a notification that I get on my phone that tells me that I have to log into Air BnB to answer a request.  I use that all the time.

Lastly, I have four listings and would like to be able to look at one calendar and see everything.  That means what is available, what is blocked, what is confirmed, what is pending and how much I am making on that day from each listing.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Lizzie  before I spend a lot of time laying out my thoughts, in the past you started a discussion about the questions we had on how search algorithm worked. When will we get those answers? Thanks 

Rofeka0
Level 1
Bengaluru, India

hii this is abhay from hotel wafi suites by rofeka hospitality i am not able to do publish please help ,me

My guest have asked for more photos and information but how do I contact them

Maryand-John0
Level 2
Skibbereen, Ireland

Having a great week???? That seems an inappropriate welcome in these very hard times for very many people.... 

Re AirBNB - I have great difficulty in getting onto my site to adjust pics- which I am trying to do now-  or to check my site or anything.... therefore I do not check very often because of these difficulties. A side issue is that it is annoying to get a text message on mobile from a visitor or a potential one, which is incomplete , thus having to go through the 'monkey hitting the keys syndrome' to find the rest of it.

Once when one can work one's way through that maze, the site is quite a friendly one.