Complain

Gaby82
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Complain

I have been days trying to find an email where I can send a letter regarding a complain and there is nowhere in the Airbnb website some contact info. I placed a claim but only for lack of cleanings but I have other complaints. The host blocked me to place a review and I cant send them messages.. incredible... here is what happened: 

June 11 2018

Claims department Airbnb Canada

Jessica and Edi Goffi Apartments Montreal

Via Airbnb website

REF:  Reservation number **[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

Dear Airbnb Claims Resolution Agent:

We are in a strong need to request your imminent attention to our claim regarding issues that are not acceptable for guests of this Airbnb host.

I tried to place my claim through Jessica and Edi’s page; however, I get the following message:

You do not have access to this”

I left a claim in the resolution center; it just let me place one claim for cleaning but not for the other issues.

I have been communicating with Jessica and Matt for a long time and all was dealt with high quality; however, when we arrived at the apartments the situations turned into a disappointment.

Here are the situations we encounter for which we are requesting $300 for cleaning issues and $1000 for Misleading information, lack of respect to guests itineraries and discomforts in our trip arrangements. 

The hosts fail to the following statements in your policies:

1: Creating hazardous situations https://www.airbnb.ca/trust

You should not keep unsecured weapons, disease risks, or dangerous animals in your listing, nor should you create conditions that increase the likelihood of a fire or impede escape in the event of emergency.

&

2: Providing uninhabitable spaces https://www.airbnb.ca/trust

You should not provide spaces with sub-standard cleanliness, undisclosed lack of running water or electricity, or that are not spaces (e.g. camping gear) or not stationary (e.g. moving boats).

Here is how:

1: Disease Risks: Room 301 had an extremely strong perfume smell that got us all coughing and sneezing (way too strong, it was not comfortable at all)

2: Disease Risks and sub-standard cleanliness: Room 306 had a "non-acceptable" situation of lack of care and cleaning in the room. The sofa bed was filthy with leftover of food, clothes, markers and a condom.

3: Disease Risk and sub-standard cleanliness: Room 206: the hall was disgustingly dirty with a cardboard on the floor for 24 hours, the Elevator was disgusting "non-acceptable at all" one thing is used and clean and another one is used and filthy.  We had to use the stairs just so we don’t have to touch the buttons of the panel in the elevator that had dried liquids dripping through the buttons.

3: Misleading information https://www.airbnb.ca/trust:

The hosts knew how many guests were coming for each of the apartments and I was constantly in contact with Matt and Jessica regarding our needs; Matt replied the following:

Note: I can’t see any of the messages I shared with this host anymore, it seems that they are not letting me see anything from our conversations.  

The situation we encounter was the following:

1. No towels for 4 guests
  2. No sheets for the sofa beds
  3. No blankets for the sofa beds
  4. No pillows for the sofa beds
  5. No keys ready for apt 306 and 206
  6. It was a hassle to have to be texting 3 people (Matt, Kathleen and Edi) to gather all what was needed. The linens were dropped at room 306 then we had to give the linens to the other rooms which is the responsibility of the host because we paid for a service fee. Still just one blanket was delivered, no pillows. We covered with towels for the night.

When we made Edi know about this situation he told us that the Host is not responsible to place those “EXTRAS” in the room that all the EXTRAS have to be requested when needed. This is not acceptable for the following reason:

According to indications from Matt :

**[Name hidden due to privacy reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Gaby,

All the "rooms" are complete apartments with towels, soaps, shampoo, coffee, a shower, a kitchen, WiFi, etc. The only thing you really need is something to brush your teeth and something to shave with. We provide the rest.

For your protection and safety, always communicate through Airbnb.

The clear situation is that there were “NO EXTRA GUESTS “only the ones I confirmed;  the rooms should be dressed with all the linens for 4 people each.

People go to enjoy their holidays and not to deal with this type of incidents

We appreciate your valuable time to hear our concerns and we are confident that your organization will take appropriate steps to provide resolution.

If you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you,

Gabriela

Any comments or suggestion on where to send this info?

1 Reply 1
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Gaby, the host cannot block you from reviewing. Your 1st point of contact should be via the phone number on your booking confirmation, customer service will talk you through the process of claiming a refund.

Click the link below for all the ways to contact airbnb, Twitter usually gets a good response.

Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide