Confused about lack of bookings

Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

Confused about lack of bookings

I wonder if some of you lovely hosts would do me a favour.... 

Can you look at my listings and see where i am lacking as i have pretty lovely feedbacks, i think i am very detailed and accurate in what i note etc.

I am 10-15 mins by car from the Town but in a lovely conservation area tucked away but i feel best of both worlds as not far.

My prices maybe a little more expensive by a few pounds than others??

But last summer and again this one (only times i host) i have noted that other hosts are very booked up quickly and in advance. Even new listings get busy very quickly, even though i feel i am offering nicer occomdation and i really try hard in all areas. I have constantly got 100% 5 star for value and cleaniness so this tells me i am doing something right.

Cannot fathom out why i tend to get last minute booking a fair few times. Makes me feel like i am last choice!.. 

I am glad to say i have had repeat bookings and referals and yes bookings in advance also but still unlike many local hosts i am not nearly as busy as them in bookings!..

Help with feedback please, would appreciate.

Warm Wishes

Mala x

5 Replies 5
Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

Where else do people advertise their Airbnb listings?  I am super techno phobic so step by step idiot proof help would be great!... 😉

Mx

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Hi @Mala0, in answer to your second question, I advertise on Air, my own blog and the local Visitor Information Centre. I looked at your listing and can find nothing wrong with it, you have lovely reviews and good pics etc but I would have to look at your competition to get an accurate idea. One thing I would edit: You mention in Number 5 that you do your moping after 10am. To me, that means you go into a sulk after 10am which I certainly understoof to be a typo but it should be fixed to mopping!

As a breakdown in stats I have an average of maybe 10 visitors per day to my blog, 8 per day to my Air page, and I have no access to stats from the Visitor Centre. Bookings are primarily from Air, over 80% at a guess.

I receive 90% of my bookings from Airbnb, however I also am listed on competitors to Airbnb too. Most of the bookings I get from the competitor's website are people in other countries than the United States. That may be an option for you. I am also curious- you mention that you only host in the summer. Do you leave your listing active all year for people to book in advance or de-activate it in the winter?

In your listing you also seem to focus on distance from things. I know you want your guests to be fully informed, but perhaps it is too much. 

In your personal listing I would remove the phrase, "last one was a learning curve" as it implies things did not go well. Let the past be in the past and look positively to the future.

Other than that I really don't see why you are not doing well. The place looks beautiful.

Ramakrishna0
Level 3
Chennai, India

I am a suprer host. With three homes that are sought after. I have 40 reviews which give me 100% satisfaction. I have no feed back against me. In the recent 20 days, I am not getting any enquiry at all. I wonder there is some bug in the system. How do I  find the answer? I used to get nearly 3 to 4 enquiries and my conversion rate used to be 85 percent or so. 

Konrad5
Level 1
Xgħajra, Malta

Hello

I am a bit confused due to lack of bookings on Airbnb.

Still receiveing a lot of enquiries and bookings from Booking.com but the quality of the guests from Airbnb is superior.

I have good reviews and the place is more than decent, with reasonable prices for the area.

Can somoeone suggest or help on how to turn things round?