Confusing Pricing

Tracy-And-Brent0
Level 3
Asheville, NC

Confusing Pricing

When I search for my home, it shows a much higher nightly price than I have it set at.  I have tried manual pricing as well as smart pricing.  Both do the same.  Right now I have my pricing set at 169.  When my home shows up in the search, it shows 217.  My fear is that this will keep guests from clicking on the home to see the actual price.  How do I correct this?

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Tracy-And-Brent0,

When prospective guests search without entering dates the map search result will show what you've set as your base price, US$179.

When they search with dates the map will show your average price for those specific nights plus the cleaning fee averaged per night. The price for specific nights can be different from the set base rate.

When I go to the calendar on your listing with the dates 29th of April to the 2nd of May it shows a price of US$179 per night and a cleaning fee of US$80.

The price shown on the map is US$206. It's meant to show the effective accommodation cost per night of room charge + (cleaning fee / number of nights). For those dates that's 179 +80 / 3 which is 205.66 or 206 when rounded up.

Steve.