Criminal activity - Police Report on Guest

Mark37
Level 3
St Petersburg, FL

Criminal activity - Police Report on Guest

I had a guest vandalize my condo.  The police have been there and there a report.

AirBNB Trust and Safety will not contact me.  I have called multiple times to the normal number, wait on hold, get verified, and get the same answer every time...they will be in contact.

I have roughly $2,000 in damage.  The guest admits to the damage.  There is a policy report.  And yet NOTHING from AirBNB.  

Very disappointing.

Does anyone have a number I can call in their offices...not the normal host/guest number? They seem to have hidden themselves very wel..

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can raise this through the guest's booking confirmation or reach them via Twitter.

Thanks Helen, do you have their twitter handle?

Guest booking confirmation?  What is that.

Do you know if anyone from AirBNB monitors this? 

I've have 3 properties on AirBNB and have been a SuperHost...I've always felt comfortable and that AirBNB would be there if there was a problem...but that's not the case.

I had a guest smoke hookah in the bedroom for 3 weeks and 3 weeks and parts of my carpet are burnt and melted and I have filed a claim with the resolution cente resolution center and it's like communicating with **[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines].  I have filed a police report and plan to share this police report with the guest.  Completely outside of air B and B.  Airbnb is an absolute joke

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Be sure to file a claim in the resolution center if you haven't done so already.

I've done that. Still nothing.

Tarek21
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Still going through (since 3 weeks ago) a similar issue.

My simple and unfortuante conclusion is that Airbnb does not seem to care at all and avoids any payments relating to damages and/or missing items. My first bad experience with Airbnb but enough to make me hate their business model and attention to their revenue generators: THE HOSTS!