Defamatory reviews(SCORE)

Sandra201
Level 2
Split, Croatia

Defamatory reviews(SCORE)

I received 3-4 defamatory reviews in short time with low score,better to say defamatory score with no complaints from guets.

Guests gave me score 2-3 because :

1.I did not accept unathorised and drunk persons in the room 

2-guests stated that it were 40 celsius outside and he waited for officail check in on 40c!?

3. guesst stated that they were not able to leave luggage until evening and keep room after check out for thems luggage!?

4-guest stated that room is Drak because he arrived in the late evening and departed in the early morning about 5.00pm,so between 10.00pm - 5.00am it WERE NO SUN! it were dark in the room DURING NIGHT!?

Airbnb support all these 4 amlicious scores.and suspended my listing becuse of low recent score.

How is possible that host,me,can be responsilbe if outside is 40 Celsious(it is normal summer temperature in hot areas) and I were unable to chek in guests before official check in at 15.00.Guests requested at 9.00am however it werre impposible.At morning we have check out and cleaning.

How is posible that Airbnb suspend my listing because it is no SUN BETWEEN 10.00pm-5.00am.It is possible to see that guest arrived in late evening .emails are in airbnb system

. How is possible that Airbnb attcaked me base only on malcious abusiev falsificated gusets score.This and any other guests ,have never have complaint ,however this guests(i will writte full names in next posting because I believe slanded and abuse is crime),so no one have not any complaint or any questions related any issues.

What is reason that Airbnb are getting abusive in way to suspend my listing based on falsificated score

I recived score 2-3 on 40 degrees outside,on no sun at night ,on no drunk peopel here ,on no unautorised people here.It is really malcious Airbnb activity to suspend my listing. Who can help please,

Airbnb-no respond on requested calls.5 calls were terminated,no response on emails,no any possibilty to communicate.

Airbnb you are getting dangerous group who attack,discriminate ,torture other and support any crime,slander,abuse come from guests 

19 Replies 19
Krystal16
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Hi Sandra,

Hosting can be challenging we have to access each comment and determine if it is reasonable constructive critizism and we need to address our listings to accomodate the most # of guests.  I am getting complaints about not having wine glasses at the moment. 

You can certainly fight this with Airbnb but I think before going there you should look at what your guests are saying see if it is reasonable and determine the best and cheapest way you can accomodate your future guests.

Regarding your complaints

1) I completely agree with you and you have every write to not allow this in your home

2) You can't control the heat outside but you should specify in your listing if you have tempature controlled rooms, if you don't have air conditioning that should go under other things your guests need to know.

3) I am not sure I understand this is this about them not being able to check in at 3 as your listing says.  If this is the case if we commit to a 3pm check in we do have to honour that, of course there are unforeseen circumstances but we need to communicate that to our guests.  You could consider the self check in options with smart locks or key pads to make this easier

4) You are not responsible for the sun, but does the exterior of your home have a light so people who leave in the night or early AM can see the door bell or the lock to get in and out

Dear Krystal,

Thank you for your comment.

2.Guest confirmed that aircondition were very good,tehre is no complaint on aircondition .All roomhave  aircondition and never have complaint.However,Guest Flo asked check in at 9.00am to avoid outside heat 40celsius and stated that it were my fault to check in them At officaial check in.I checked them at 14.30 ,Official is 15.00

Acceptem lugggae from them at 9.00am and guest stated if you can accept lugggage why you can not check in them.

I believed they will state this in positve ,accepting luggage at early mornig,but I got negative opinion on this.Unbelivable.

3.Guest Francoise commented that I refused to take luggae after acheck out.Yes,That is true.She asked free room to kepp luggageafter check out until they are back at evening.I were unable to accept it.We do not have this option however there is two minutes away luggage service.I sugested ,but thes refused!?

4.Guest did not commented outside lights-Kristian(superhost) stated -Room Were Dark(room have 3 bulbs light and 1 in bathroom. However,We have two extra strong private outside lights on the door and house .It is city centre and outside lights are strong,city streets,shops,nearby houses -all have their light.It is imposible to be in dark even in the night.I believed outside light sometime is to strong. 

However I did not received any complaint from any guests,They wrote complaints by writting  Review,not telling me if they have something to ask or any suggestions.

We are accommodation provider for 40 year and my family is experienced host.we started hosting long decades ago.

Guest Kristian who commented that ROOM IS DARK and gave me 3 score is Superhost.To be honest ,I do not believe this person is able to be good host ,particuralry not supperhost.Kristians comment talk too much about his attitude and his inferiority to be communicative in proper way.

After all,I can say to be super host like Kristian you do not need any ability ,you just need good connection to Airbnb .Real,proved superhost will never write falsificate comments reviews,particulary not expect sun between 10.00pm and 5.00am when they left to go to airport.

I do not believe Kristian Super host have smart lock and sun betweeen 10.00pm -5.30am

They have ,according to pisctures,just flat rented out and they do not met guests,mostly.So it is "great " superhost.

I appreciate your Suggestions Krystal and that is useful,however I do not see that Airbnb superhosts are really smart host,rent out smart house.

Your suggestions are great,really great,however 80% accommodation on Airbnb do not have this smart lock,smart house and no one have sun betweeen 10,00pm-5.30.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sandra201 could it be a question of miscommuniction between you and the guests, because it doesn't sound like such a problem with the amenities you are offering.

There are many guests who simply do not understand why a host can't check them in at any hour that is convenient to them, that the host might still have other guests who have not checked out, will need to clean the room first, has a job, has a life!

When guests have complaints about small things, e.g. they don't think there are enough light bulbs (I personally don't know why people want the interiors of homes lit up like a Christmas tree, but we are not all the same) these things can be handled with the right communication, but if the communication between host and guest does not go well, resentment can build up.

You say there was no communication about why the guests gave you low ratings, but you are very specific about why they did. Did they communicate their complaints verbally and, if so, how did you respond?

It is painful to me also when people make complaints about my home, but it is best to handle them in a way that it doesn't become a big issue. If a guest is being completely unreasonable in their demands and making your life hell during their stay, it is best to contact Airbnb ASAP to report the problems.

Dear Huma,

Thank you for your response.It defineitely will help.I appreciate it.

I am sure I had and I have extremly good communication to guest.I send them every time email when they expected to arrive and stay at guests disposal entire time from booking until check out.

I need to say there is no complaints delivered to me.I did not have any communication problems.All personal communication were very good.I do not have real problem in communication .I left only 1 bad review for guets in 6 years on airbnb.( It was last week-and Airbnb started attcak on me after my first negative review on one guest).

I see complaints only in review.During stay I have never recived complaint.All guests were very thankfull. All guests who left bad reviews were very ,wery thankful becuse,I waited for them until late night,or accepted early luggage,or offered use kitched and other applianced,helped them to find excursions,fery ticket,suggested restaurants,beaches,natural beauties...and many.many more.

Any negative review is shock for me because it has been delivered by guests who at least 20 times told ,Thank you ,you are welcome,you are 5 star,you are the best,very great accommodation,you are nice,everything is perfect,brilliant,briliant,thousand times they said perfect ,brillianat.

we had fabulous communication during stay,however when review arrived it is horror.I can not believed that it was written by my guests who were extremly thankful and pleased.All of them told me five star ,the best host. However ,this will not appear in reviews.I have never heard any complaint personaly,NEVER HAVE COMPLIANT until seeing review.

This reviews are really shock,shock,shock.I can not believe this is the sam people.

So many compliments they gave me.Complimets on everthing.I am receiveing only compliments during guest stay,however nothing positive this people did not write nothing from this they told me during stay.

To be honest ,Now I am waitng for late check in guests.It is now 22.15. My official check in were until 21.00

However I always accpet late check in on request. They are supposed to arrive about 23.00.

I am sure They will tell me 10 times thank you,briliant,room is fantastic...

I am sure too on review there will not be any of late check in and pleasant stay.They will gave 3 score,but they will tell me only compliments.

I am sure .My guest never wrote about any I have done for them. I will not chage my proffesional attitude,however it will scock me.

I will get maximum 3 score for two or three hours late arrival waitng,if delay waiting,if cuustoms problem waitng.

That is problem.Guests do not write truthful review.They gave me complimets,however review will be masacre.

That is shock.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sandra201 yes it is true. Very occasionally I have had guests mention in their reviews that I was kind enough to let them check in late, or drop off their bags early etc. but it is rare. They usually do not thank you for these things in their review. They just seem to expect them!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sandra201 it is really frustrating when guests tell you everything is great and then complain about stuff for the first time in their reviews/ratings. What can you do? They have not given you any chance to solve problems during their stay.

I always check up on my guests, often repeatedly, to ask if everything is okay, do they need anything else etc. They are staying in my home, plus I respond quickly to messages, so it is very easy for them to let me know if things are not to their liking. I think though that some people just avoid any kind of confrontation and would rather say, yes it's all fine to your face and complain later to a computer...

See this thread. You might find it interesting: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Community-Help-EN/page/1/thr...

Dear Huma,

This complaints are not related to me ,my service,or room.That is biggest problem.Complaint on 40 celsius outside,complaint on dark in the night,complaint about luggae service.Guest reveiews need to be related to the accommodation ans service I believe,not talk about how look like street,shop,is heat outside ,or if someone have trauma from homecountry than for them is dark everywhere.

Guests come with them their personal belifs,opinions and compare things what can not be compared.

Dark night in my city Split is very safe ,however in Copengen ,Denmark dark night is not safe ,than guest complained that is dark.

It is not dark.It is some sort of problem what is not related to me.

on 40 celsious my guests asked additional blankets,becuse they make cold temperaure in the room .They imitate their cold home country and they sleep in winter condions ,although outside is 40 Celsius.

So ,it is in reviews.THey are imitating and forwarding their personal frustration,unfortunately in every step.

Only valid complaint is this when guest complained during stay.If not complaint during stay,all after that is personal frustration.

No one will wait if they need to complaint.I am sure.Guest can not wait with complaint.No one. 

So.this reviews are someons manipulation and Airbnb know for this very well. 

@Sandra201   You should definitely contact Airbnb and enlighten them, try Twitter or FB. As far as I know everything is done with algorithms so it's unlikely Airbnb have considered anything past counting stars.  In the past I have had a few passive agressive, petty guests who have complained about bizarre, non-sensical things that were entirely their fault (like your druken guest episode)  - in fact I wonder if I have hosted your guests because they sound very similar to a dreadful group I had years ago.

This is a little late for now, but going forward, to stave off reviews like this I always write to everyone, even guests who have used Airbnb before:  "Airbnb is not a hotel it is a unique experience in a private home please read the full description, amenities offered and rules so you know what to expect, and feel free to ask any questions" I also send the check-in and check-out times in every message and a note to let me know their arrival time and I ask them to keep in contact if anything changes,  it has worked quite well so far.

Dear Ange,

Thank you for your help and suggestions,I really appreciate it.

I tried to contact Airbnb by phone,by email,by contact form,however no response.They terminate calls.

Terminate emails.I will try FB and Twitter.thank you for suggestions.

I can be algorithms or encription or any ,I can not believe that scores is eveytime real and truthful reflections from guests.

On every web page reviews are subject of manipulations and there is no real trutful reviews base on Airbnb.To be superhost can be only sign to run away from this person or place.Not all super host have any abilty to work with guests.I compared myself to the persons who are superhost and I know them and their work. 

Proven superhost is very ,very rare,and this is only Airbnb manipulation to continuously clean some hosts from negative review and protect them.It is impossible to have 50 reviews 5 stars from 50 reservations. It can only Airbnb.

Superhost from Denmark masacred me in review and gave me 3 score.,becuse of DARK! DARK!?This person defineitely is far away from superhost and there is no abilty to be in contact to people according to masacre he wrote on my propety.

Airbnb made superhost from anyone they want. Airbnb banned me after leaving my first negative comment on guest.

So,it is not algoritham- I have scores from 4.1-4.7 and Airbnb make overall score 3.9 than banned me.

How 4.1-4.7 can  be resulted in 3.9

Airbnb manipulation.There are pleant accommodation with 3.9 and 4.1-4.7 score and the are live on web page. Airbnb is selective. 

They ignore my messages and they gave no responses It is horrible Airbnb torture.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Sandra201I read through all your posts and reviews. The impression I get, which comes across loud and clear, is that you are very intense in manner and at present at least, become quickly defensive. The word 'inflexible' also came up constantly in your reviews. English is not your native language I gather, no demerits for that, (nor is it mine), we all come from different places, which yes makes it harder to convey your meaning, but tone is everything, regardless of language. I think your guests are very hesitant or even intimidated to be themselves and be honest with you while face to face meaning while they are there, so probably that is why they become so passive agressive, after they leave, and what is directly leading to such low scores.

I suggest this is a grand opportunity for you to step back and think, and then listen to your guests, which all sound very reasonable, and pick up on the clues they are offering and implement the improvements they suggest. It could only serve you well in the long run.

Good luck.

Fred ,I am sure,You did not undersatnd this reviews at all and you do not have any idea about my accommodation,location,or city.

This guests also mostly do not have native laguage.If you think tha I need one more abuser here tha you can write again you abusive statement.

You see only waht your limmitations gave you to se.Someone will have it is alghoritam.

Than It is bettr to not comment your spam.If you use my writting to attcak me it is clear that Airbnb is place of many frustrated,aggressive,limited oerson with no selfrespect.

How you can join in conversation to say nothing,just abuse.Yes,because of your limitantion.This limist keep you on lever ,you are now .That is Airbnb lever,playgrund for aggressivity and abuse.You confirmed it,

Wow @Sandra201 - @Fred13 was not attacking you, he was not being abusive to you, he merely stated the impression he got from reading your reviews and tried to give you some guidance. Your response speaks volumes. Best of luck.

Oh,really.

I you do not see your propmt VOLUMES and FRED planned SPAM than I am unable to assist you.

I am sure Fred impresions are not based on experience or positive motivation.To say someone that it is deffence,high volume,not flexibile...and similar is something what reflect your personal limits!!

I am not asking for people limits.I amnot searching for spammer .This impresion is other name for abuse and if you protect it ,you can .I do not care about your "protection." Probably two Superhost! I will check later. 

We are accommodation provider for 40 years and I do not need guidance in this way.If you think that you is on the high level than,you have problem.People who constantly believe that is "requested"to guide someone have not selfrespect,they have high volume problem.Firstly I will ask you to guide yourself and try to investigate why limitations are so hard to keep you only on spamming and abusing. You should not be judge here,You shoud investigate or forward your own experience.However.You like more to "give guidance". I am sure ,you neet to be guided and do not contaminate this place with your limatition