Deposit delay by Airbnb

Erica6
Level 2
Panama, Panama

Deposit delay by Airbnb

Since Airbnb will not let me conect with them directly, perhaps someone has an answer for me ? I have a guest who sent me a requested deposit, through Airbnb. Airbnb notified me they got it and it would take 5 to 7 buisness days for me to recieve it ????

Why ??? It was Pay Pal and is sent to my Pay Pal.. where is this money for all that time ???????

Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi Erica

When a guest makes a booking they pay ABB, you will not get paid any money until 24hrs after the guest arrives and then it can take 5-7 days to reach your bank.

Or do you mean a security deposit which is held by ABB, and not released to you unless the guest causes damage. Although non of your listings have a security deposit listed.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

So you made a claim and the guest agreed to pay?

David

No, the guest agreed to send me a cash deposit since he is booking at my high season. Airbnb sent me a conformation of his sending it, but said THEY will hold it for 5 to 7 days to process it ????? Why ?

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Erica6

Sending a cash deposit outside the system is against airbnb rules and your listing may be suspended.  

If you already have a booking, the guest has (in most cases) paid in full to airbnb.  Sometimes for bookings far ahead, there is an option for the guest to do an initial payment and a rest payment, but in any case, the funds will not be released to your account until the guest has arrived.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

If it is a cash deposit it is in cash, wonder what is going on.

David