non payment from airbnb

Robert-Simon0
Level 2
New Zealand

non payment from airbnb

guest stayed 21 Oct '16, we have NOT been paid!

airbnb does not follow up with us, waits for us to contact them, same level of non support, requests for escalation ignored.

we get emails from NON REPLY sources in 'payoneer'  we don't know whom that is.

we do get to call centres, where operators with heavily accented English won't tell us where they are located.

we ask them to escalate, they say (when we can understand them) they send an email to someone in their system who will 'reach out' to us, we get very concerned when we hear that phrase 'reach out'...we NEED to get paid! not reached. our banking details have not changed for 7 years, professional accommodation providers, a boutique family business rated in top 25 in our country of NZ.

do we need to take this to law enforcement to report fraud, or social media to share our experiences, or print media, travel editors to share our experiences.

I am asking because airbnb is NOT dealing with our legitimate business concerns...we provided 1st class service 2 weeks ago, guests very happy. No other re seller of our services treats us this badly. when we direct sell, we get paid in advance.

I have specnt more than 20 hours on this issue, placed 13 long distance calls to airbnb counting this morning's failed effort.

warm regards,

Simon **

Mission B&B on the Avenue

[address removed]

New Zealand

[phone number removed] direct # to owner

7 Replies 7
Diego93
Level 1
Bogotá, Colombia

I don´t know how particular is my case but it is certainly turning serious.  Two of my payouts were rejected by my bank because one of their complience policies. My bank DAVIVIENDA just don´t accept payments issued from World Pay which was the platform used by AirBnB. These two payouts were reversed on september 19 and 26 respectively which is more than a mounth ago!

As soon as I realized of it, I opened a Western Union account in order to get paid as fast as possible but nothing happened.

I started to ask for supporting just a week ago but the only answer had been "we will asign a case manager". I´m so worried because of Airbnb´s silence which is making me nervous and I´m afraid of lossing my money.

Diego **

Bogotá, Colombia

Social media gets results quickly...post on Abnb Facebook and twitter.

have resorted to it twice...it works.

Sandy88
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

It sure does totally agree.

Cheers for the advice

Sandy

Sandy88
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

I have spent since the 31st December trying to call Airbnb after listening to music for 45 mintes everyday I finally got too speak to someone and they did not have the resources to help. They are now sending an email regarding my issues to another department and I may hear back by the end of the week.

I will never ever get involved with this comapny ever again. I am too scared to delete my account as I fear I will never get my money which is over $1000. My next call will be a lawyer or the TV programe fair go. I am appalled at there service and don't really know where too turn next.

The worry is there is many people like me. I am beginning too think I have got myself tired up with a bunch of crooks. 

But believe you me I will not let this rest I will get too the bottom of it or my lawyer daughter will.

Sandy 

Nelson 

New Zealand

Cheryl78
Level 1
Richards Bay, South Africa

I am a new host to AirB&B and am experiencing the same frustration regarding non-payment. I have sent several emails with no response both to AirB&B and to Payoneer. Telephone calls from South Africa are very costly so it is not an option. I have housted families over the December period and although I was notified that payment was sent, I still have'nt received anything. At my wits end trying to get a response.  Honestly not worth my while hosting, as I go all out for my guests and am left out of pocket while AirB&B have already been paid by the guests!  Any useful feedback or advice will be most appreciated.

Regards

Cheryl

HI

I have finally had my money released by Airbnb though it has gone into paypal they say it still takes too the 19th jan to get into my account. I did put a msg on AirBNB facebook page that my next port of call was our lawyer and our local paper which I was going to do. I had a payment into my airbnb account within half and hour. I have read this has happened to other as well. So perhaps leave a msg on the facebook page. 

Cheers

Sandy

Poonam3
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Even we are not being paid GST by Airbnb. They are simply paying for some and nothing for other. I have sent many communication to them which they close on their own after 2-3 weeks without any solution. i am therefore forced to pay more than Rs 50000 GST Tax to government only for April/May where Airbnb has receovered from guest buit not paid to me.

This was least expected from Airbnb as they should atleast revert as why they are not paying

Sad and its a huge cost for me