Different rates shown to guest from host daily tally

Nancy251
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Different rates shown to guest from host daily tally

I have a request for multiple week listing, which is unusual.  I usually have single week bookings since I am in a ski resort.  I am trying to figure out what discount to give the potential renter so I tallied all the individual days.  But he quoted amount shown on to my potential guest is different than the amount I get when I add the daily rates up.  In effect, they already have a discount. I have wracked my brain trying to figure it out and added the figures many times manually and electronicall.  What could cause this?

REALLY, REALLY appreciate any help.  

Nancy

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nancy251

Do you already have a weekly and monthly discount set up on the site? That might explain it as it would automatically apply the discount. There will of course always be a discrepancy between the final figure you see and what the guest is charges. You are charged a 3% service fee which comes out of your earnings. They are charged a booking fee which is between10-13% (plus VAT in some countries)

H, and thank you for thinking about this.  No, I don't have weekly or monthly discounts.  It is always a one-off situation since ski areas are very variable.  

How can you see the total amount and where the percentages are taken from?  For example if it states that the guest will pay x, minus the percentage fee of y, and we will receive z, at what point does the 3% get taken off?

And if I make the guest a special offer, will they have to pay a booking fee on top of that or will it be taken out of the special offer?  Will my fee of 3% also be taken out of the amount of the special offer?

Thank you

H, and thank you for thinking about this.  No, I don't have weekly or monthly discounts.  It is always a one-off situation since ski areas are very variable.  

How can you see the total amount and where the percentages are taken from?  For example if it states that the guest will pay x, minus the percentage fee of y, and we will receive z, at what point does the 3% get taken off?

And if I make the guest a special offer, will they have to pay a booking fee on top of that or will it be taken out of the special offer?  Will my fee of 3% also be taken out of the amount of the special offer?

Thank you

@Nancy251

The two fees are handled in totally separate ways. The guest's fee is added to their booking. Your fee is taken from your earnings.

The booking fee is adjusted according to the length of the stay, and added to the overall total for the accommodation. So if your guest books for the full price (without any discount) the booking fee is based on that. If after that point you reduce the cost for the guest, the booking fee will be readjusted for the guest and they may get a refund.

Your 3% service fee is taken off the total that the guests will pay you - again that will be adjusted depending on the final price that the guest pays.

Unfortunately you won't be able to see a breakdown until the guest actually books. 

Just wondering if there is an easier way to  do this, which is to say to your guest that you will give an x% discount on the total that you will receive. They can book and then you will see how much you will earn and you can amend their price based on that.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...!