Discontinue lowest review

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Discontinue lowest review

This new feature is unnecessary and doesnt add value for guests and further punishes hosts in an already flawed star system. 

Response from Airbnb

Based on feedback from the host community, we decided to terminate the Lowest Review feature. The intention of this feature was to help set guest expectations for a stay by highlighting aspects of past experiences that did not go well. However, your feedback helped us understand how sometimes a review can unfairly represent the experience that you will provide future guests. Though this feature was not the best approach, it’s still a priority of ours to ensure travelers see the reviews that accurately capture what it’s like to stay in your place.

48 Replies 48
Airbnb
Official Account

Response from Airbnb

Based on feedback from the host community, we decided to terminate the Lowest Review feature. The intention of this feature was to help set guest expectations for a stay by highlighting aspects of past experiences that did not go well. However, your feedback helped us understand how sometimes a review can unfairly represent the experience that you will provide future guests. Though this feature was not the best approach, it’s still a priority of ours to ensure travelers see the reviews that accurately capture what it’s like to stay in your place.

Naty3
Level 3
United States

Thank you, I'm very happy you guys at Airbnb listen to our frustrations. Since we are offering our homes and we are not at the standards of hotels I think this resolution will help a lot. I hope you are communicating to the guests about how they review their stays as well so we all are in the same page.

Thank you again for considering g our group and improve hosts experience. 

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Great outcome. Thanks Airbnb! 

Elenor0
Level 3
Dunedin, New Zealand

The most recent reviews are always going to be the most accurate. As a guest, I want to see reviews in chronological order so I know what to expect. 

Chronological order will also show if any problems from older reviews have been addressed.