Emails to from guests not showing in app or inbox

Catherine137
Level 3
San Anselmo, CA

Emails to from guests not showing in app or inbox

I got an email from a guest via my Yahoo email but it does not show in my Airbnb phone app inbox nor on the Airbnb online inbox.  I responded to her question via the online inbox but she did not get it.  I had to respond to her by replying to her email from Yahoo to get the message to her.  Anyone else having this issue?  There was no notification on my app either

5 Replies 5
Barb6
Level 10
Stevensville, MI

@Catherine137  I suggest going to your account settings and see that the boxes are checked for emails, texts and and push notifications. It could be that you don't have selected what you need. Best Wishes.

Melissa33
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I am having this same issue.  I have recently begun co-hosting for another listing.  I have been receiving SMS and email pushes for all guest messages but recently had an exception.  Two days ago a guest booked and included a message with a questions.  I never received either SMS or email push notifications and can not view that guest message in either the iPhone app or the website.  However, when look at the guest booking on the calendar (thanks to host notifying of me of my failure to reply!), I was able to see message history and reply.  This is a serious issue.  It impacts guest satisfaction, owner satisfaction with me as a host, reply rating and therefor future revenue for host and AirBnB.  I submitted a bug report throuh the Feedback menu option but am very disappointed and not hopeful for a quick resolution.  Has anybody else failed to see messages in App AND website AND has failure of both text and email push notifications despite confirmed notifications settings in your account.  Gah!

Hi @Melissa33!

We are having the same issue. The host receives messages but the co-host does not receive all of them. Has this issue been solved for you in the mean time and if, how ? Thanks !

I didn't do anything and the issue never happened again so it was a fluke.  Maybe check you notification settings. 

@Melissa33 Thank you !