Saturday night required when staying Friday night

Catherine137
Level 3
San Anselmo, CA

Saturday night required when staying Friday night

I would like to be able to require that if a guest stays on Friday they must also stay on Saturday. We are in a resort community and weekends of Friday & Saturday nights are the most lucrative for us. Airbnb does have a weekend option but it is Friday or Saturday, not Friday and Saturday so it doesn’t define which night over the weekend it must be. We have a 2 night min and when a guest arrives on Thursday and checks out on Saturday, it satisfies the 2 night minimum rule. The problem is that most want to arrive on Friday not on Saturday therefore it is difficult to get a booking for Saturday and Sunday resulting in lost potential revenue.

5 Replies 5

@Catherine137 

This is probably not the best way, and I'm not even sure how well this would work but for the time being, you could try to add a requirement for "guests must check in on a specific day" and have a rule for all days EXCEPT Thursday. Just a suggestion to tide you through until Airbnb is able to provide better functions/options for us hosts. 

FYI - The idea just came to me, probably because I've been adjusting my calendar and requirements to tailor conditions specific to myself 🙂 

EDIT - Nope. You can only set one requirement for a set duration. The above suggestion will not work unless you are willing to recieve guests ONLY on Friday. Sorry for any confusion. I should have thought harder before posting. 😞 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Catherine137 You could also make the Thursday & Sunday rates comparable to the Friday/Saturday rates or at least higher than the mon/tues/weds to offset the $ loss

Catherine137
Level 3
San Anselmo, CA

Thanks Kelley.  I already did that but I would still like to see that option available.

Catherine137
Level 3
San Anselmo, CA

Thank you Jessica and Henry for trying to help.

MariaJose4
Level 3
Toledo, Spain

@Catherine137 You can put as a minimum requirement 3 days for reservations with entry on Thursday