Festival RV Parking

Festival RV Parking

We have a very large festival that comes to town every year and most Airbnbs and hotels get totally booked out at high prices. Has anyone ever rented out their garage, driveway or part of their property to someone with their own self contained RV? How did you determine pricing...did you look at nearby campgrounds? Are there any special considerations about hosting a guest in an RV? 

8 Replies 8
Peggy7
Level 3
Ringgold, GA

You might want to rethink if you don't have a way for the rv to be connected to sewer and 30amp or 50amp shorepower.

But if it is just a level space in your driveway we could ask for the same amount of campground but with the understanding that the rv owners will not be able to plug up to shorpower or sewer.

We have just  listed our 5 acres as rental spots for RVers. We have an RV ourselves and find at times it is nearly impossible to find a place to rent. We know all about Walmart, but that can be scarey. We will let you know what happens, we just went live today. We live in a Township, and the rules are not as rigid as the village or town. We are only renting for 1 night and then they must leave. We are offering no hookups at all. I know we have done this for a night, and if they stay only 1 night we shouldn't have any problems. If anyone has done this, we would appreciate any help you could give us.

Thanks

C&G

Well, I've come accross this also, I rent the airbnb house, and when the municipal airport has the fly in, folks like to rent the house, plus park their RV's on property. Airbnb is missing out on additional fees, plus there is no place to list this type of special accommodations, or what is offered with this extra special feature. 

I don't see an option on AirBnB for finding parking (only) for an RV.

Any help? Thank you!

Jenny473
Level 2
Paradise Valley, Canada

I have created a beautiful spot in the woods on my property with full hookup for an RV. ( water, septic, power). It offers privacy, easy access to a river, has table, fireplace, hammock.  Even better than a campground! Wish Air BnB would get a place set up soon to list RV hookup sites! 

How do you advertise?  We have an RV and travel alot.  We would like to know how to find spots like this

Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

It sounds there's a seasonal market for this, and as they always say, as long as you describe your place accurrately, you can list it on Airbnb. Simply add a new listing for your space to park an RV, and see how it goes. Make sure you describe if there's separate bathroom facilities, hot water, power supply, pump-out etc. Sounds like an opportunity!  

Alaina13
Level 1
Cameron Park, CA

@Chris-and-Blake0 

Chris, hi there! My husband and I recently bought an Rv and are heading to Napa for bottlerock this year, I’m assuming this the the festival you are speaking of? I’m not even sure if you ended up deciding on renting out space to an rv but we’d be very interested on talking with you about it!! I know this is an old post and probably a long shot but hey, it’s worth a try! I tried to find a way to reach out through email with no luck but I’m new to this site so I may just be confused haha. Just respond to this if you see it and I can shoot you over my email. Thank you!