Flagging unsuitable guests

Rob152
Level 1
Harare, Zimbabwe

Flagging unsuitable guests

Have just had a bad experience with a totally unsuitable guest for Air BnB, who also happens to be a registered host. How do I share this and flag them as unsuitable?

7 Replies 7
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Rob

Some details please....

Just give the person a Thumps down, and inform Airbnb in the appropriate section of the review process your reservations about this guest (Host), for all we know so far you could be the problem, wink wink.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

The Guest, Farai, listed as a host in Harare, booked on 28 Mar to stay from 9-17 April, which approved, tho no confirmation came thru, until a message arrives Wed 12 April:

Hi Rob. I do apologize for the silence, our holiday was cancelled until this morning. Hopefully I'm not too late, I'd like to book from tomorrow (evening, probably arrive around 6pm) until the 17th. We will be leaving very early in the morning on the 17th (5am) to catch our flight. Can I pay you in cash tomorrow when we arrive? I currently have British pounds on me, is this acceptable to you? Thank you again for your patience. Farai

Last Wednesday at 11:27 AM

I responded in the affirmative, offering any assistance in the way of airport transfers, meals, etc.

He responded :

Thanks! 0772 I'll definitely 836 confirm later 763 today the final arrangements. No need for pickup, meals, maybe breakfast only. Hope you get my number now, yours was censored out.

Last Wednesday at 11:37 AM

We prepared everything for his ETA of 1800 last night, and waited up, the room being used is in my home, having had a confirmation message on my phone that afternoon that he'd be there at 1800. At 2036, I receive a message saying he'd only just been released from work, and was on his way. I finally called him at 2145 to ask him where he was, to be told he was shortly arriving. Grumpily, I admit, I admonished that this was not how Air BnB should work, met him at the gate, and showed him and his lady(not introduced) to their room, explaining I was tired and going to bed. They brought no luggage in, and he then said they were going out again. I left the door open and all the lights on for their return, which never happened. They did not come back, no explanations to date. Very unsatisfactory. 

How does one black list such a blackguard for other hosts to be warned of such behaviour?

Charlotte153
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

You shouldnt have accepted the booking as he said cash not via Airbnb,alarm bells should have gone off then.You have no come back what so ever if the booking has not been done through the correct channels .You cant give him a "thumbs down " as suggested as, he essentially never actually made a booking .

Farai has apologised and agreed to make good his one night, cancelling the remainder of his booking. Let's leave it there. Thank you Farai

Thank you all for your input - am new on the block - learning fast!

Thanks again for yr good advice and back up

Appreciated

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Rob152

You can flag the profile and the messages requesting to deal outside the platform, but as you yourself agreed to deal on the side, your own profile will be at risk of being flagged. In this case I would lay low and do absolutely nothing. 

Did they pay for the night ? Count yourself lucky.

Nothing stolen ? Count yourself lucky.  

I am looking for assistance with this issue right now. I hope that this is the right place to turn to get quick answers.

I am willing to let the guest stay and be kind to her and her friend. I will show the same warmth that I do with every guest. 

This guest requested that I contact her outside of Airbnb using her personal e-mail address and I did, and I copied the e-mail to the airbnb account to remain in compliance with the Airbnb rules. I have repeatedly explained the rules of the system with her and I am getting frustrated with her refusal to comply. 

I am staying calm and patient with her and teaching her about the Airbnb system in my answers to her. I would like to know how to flag these messages now because I do not expect her to be an easy guest despite my best efforts. I also need the money from the booking, this is why I am doing this, if I did not need the money, I would not have accepted her as a guest.

Thanks in advance to the good people of the Airbnb community, I am looking for your support! 🙂