Getting more complete information on potential renters traveling together

Getting more complete information on potential renters traveling together

We have had our first visitors and everything has gone well. Prior to their arrival I realized that I only had information on the main fellow making the reservation. That meant that airbnb had vetted him and his information. However, in his request, he noted that he would be coming with 3 other friends.
I submitted a question to the help center and they responded and at least let me know that one of the other guests had an account and had been vetted.
My suggestion is that everyone/anyone over the age of 18 that wants to reserve or travel with another member, must fill out the information required by airbnb to join.
That seems to be the only way to protect the Hosts from someone of suspicious character that is traveling with a guest known to airbnb.

It doesn't cost them anything, but it goes a step further in protecting those folks that are opening their homes to the traveling public.

Thank you.

PS:  I totally agree with everyone else that we need to be able to attach things like 'House Rules' and 'Special Instructions' to send to our confirmed guests.

If going through the Air BnB communications lines is so important to Air BnB, then stop forcing us to communicate outside those parameters!

1 Reply 1
Sylvia132
Level 2
Graz, Austria

A few days ago I thought I was going to be visited by one guest from C and "he" would be traveling with a friend. When they arrived I realized that the friend was a girl, not a guy (even though "his" picture was of two guys together!). They spent most of the time in their bedroom and at the end I got a negative review criticising me, our flat and our family (of 3!).