Guest brought more people

Amelia13
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Guest brought more people

Hi there,

There is an additional fee for guests on my reservation page, but this reservation only included a booking for 1 guest. I had not been advised of the change prior to arrival. In keeping with AirBnB policy, I see that any additional fees (including more guests) must go through the website. How do I change the  number of guests for either a partial or whole duration of the reservation? 

If we have difficulties making this change, is there a way to contact AirBnB via message or phone?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Roger17
Level 10
Thomaston, GA

Hi Amelia - I would email the guest via Airbnb and advise them of the charge per extra person.  In the US & Canada you can call toll free  855 424 7262 and let them know about the extra person(s).  They should add that to the charges.   Best regards, Roger

Phyllis2
Level 4
British Columbia, Canada

I have an extra charge for more than two people.  $25 per night for each additional guest to a max of four people as there are only two bedrooms.  People are booking for two and bringing two children.  Children are as much work as adults or more.  So far I have let it go, but don't want it to continue.  Do people feel children don't count?  Once I have accepted the booking how do I get the extra money.  Do I contact Airbnb directly, talk to the guest and ask for the extra money or what?