Guest information

Rosemary12
Level 9
Burnaby, Canada

Guest information

Why doesn't Airbnb provide hosts with the full names of each guest? I have asked before but still only get the name of the person who is booking (and sometimes all I get is a first name). I like to put a welcome note on the bed with their name(s) on it and also I think it is a matter of safety and security. For example, if a guest had an accident and I had to provide information I might only have their first name. I recently made a booking on behalf of one of my guests and noticed that Airbnb DO ask for the names of each guests so there shouldn't be a reason why they don't pass it along to a host.

Currently, if the guest doesn't give me the name of the other guest they are traveling with I do ask but I don't think I should have to.

2 Replies 2
Taryn4
Level 10
Austin, TX

AirBnB does ask for it but the guest has to manuel type this information in. It is optional, AirBnB does not enforce this. And the guest doesn't always feel the need to follow this optional prompt. 

I too would like for this to be mandatory (it's technically required for our insurance). It's complicated for the guest to find where to update this after they've already sent their request. 

I've started to request it in the messages- some people aren't happy about it so it puts a sour note at the beginning but ultimately they provide it and don't seemed bothered by the time they check out. 

Tina63
Level 3
La Herradura, Spain

You just answered your own question; Airbnb do ask, it's up to the guest if they provide it. You don't think you should ask? Erm... whose business is it?!