Guests want full refund

AJ-and-Erica0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Guests want full refund

Hi there! I have a guest that wants to cancel because our place is about 15 minutes walk further than she thought. We have a strictly cancellation policy but we are willing to give her the full amount back, even though is so close and we might not get booking for the same period. She booked 6 nights from 4th June. I think that might be a better option than the chance of her turning out to be a bad guest or giving us more headaches. She already called us to ask a refund,  asked for us to cancel. She also suggested to keep the booking but not staying at all and getting the full refund (hahha, in that case we would have the room empty, with 6 nights blocked and no guests, so we would lose money in a way) and she wants to meet us to receive the in cash. Unfortunately we won't have that amount on the day, so I was just wondering if Airbnb can cancels her booking and give her the money back. Or can I send an amount directly from my Airbnb account? 

Many thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@AJ-and-Erica0

1. You do not cancel because you will be punished . If she wants to cancel than she should do it and she will get a refund according to your cancellation policy.

2. If you want to give her refund then why have you set strict cancellation policy on the first place? 

Hi, thanks for replying. I won't cancel and is only this case that are willing to refund the guest. 

@AJ-and-Erica0   "she wants to meet us to receive the in cash. "    Big Red Flag,  you do not have the money Airbnb has it.  Could be a scam and the credit card is bogus. Just tell her she has to cancel and refer her to Airbnb.

Emily140
Level 10
St Helena, CA

@AJ-and-Erica0what did you decide to do?  I hope you did not meet the guest and give the refund in cash!  That suggestion is extremely fishy, and my first thought is they are looking to create documentation for an expense report/reimbursement from an employer, but then stay someplace cheaper to keep the difference.  Just not professional to ever ask you to move money outside of AirBnb.