** HOW TO CONTACT AN ABB HOST ON THE CC **

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

** HOW TO CONTACT AN ABB HOST ON THE CC **

Hello Everyone,

I am being asked the same question over and over by hosts, who send me messages through my ABB listing or via social media, that want to reach out to me privately or another host privately.  Please read the following to help you.

1.  First and most important, you MUST be logged/signed in onto your ABB account.

2. Then enter the Community Center (CC), and choose which discussion room you want to enter.  There are currently 8 I believe.  

(see below)

Airbnb Updates

Host Circle

Interests

Help

Hosting

Tips & Tutorials

Airbnb Open - (this has been rescheduled for 2018)

Host Newsletter

3.  Once you find a host, move your mouse over the hosts face and a window will pop up.

4. LEFT button is to send a private message otherwise known as DIRECT MESSAGE to that host

5.  RIGHT button allows you to click on that host profile, once you click on that, you are redirected to their profile page when you can also click on their ABB listings too. 

6. If you choose to click on the LEFT button, a box will pop up that allows you to send a message. That message is delivered to the Hosts EMAIL account that is associated with their ABB account.   This email notification will tell you that you have a PRIVATE MESSAGE waiting for you in your CC inbox.  Click on that button in your email, and you are immediately REDIRECTED to your CC Inbox to read the private message.  You can reply there privately there too. 

HELPFUL TIP:  If you are coming to the CC to pose a question to the hosts, make sure you are in the CORRECT discussion room, then the correct thread but FIRST, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON to see if the question has been asked and answered by others.  Trust me, it has 😉

Or use the HELP TAB in your Airbnb account for the accurate answer from Airbnb.  That's your best bet for resource information.   This is my go-to place for needing answers to my hosting questions.  

If you find this or any other post helpful, be sure to click on the "thumbs up" button at the bottom of the post or reply.

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

19 Replies 19

@Terri38 and Tomi  

The first thing that you MUST do is make sure you are signed into your Airbnb account w/ password or you will not see the option to send a private message to another host.  I promise you that the feature is working and and is available as I have used it twice in the past 48 hours to send PM to other hosts. 

Thank you so much for your Sweet  compliment, it’s always nice to hear that I have helped other people on the CC. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Leah7
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

Lovely. Informative 

Rosalie15
Level 1
Mgarr, Malta

Can I get paid cash for hosting?

Can I get paid cash for hosting?

@Rosalie15, Not through Airbnb. If you decide to wander outside the Airbnb platform for booking, payments, or even communications, you forfeit any protections that Airbnb offers you. You could potentially also be suspended from the platform.

You can send and request additional funds throught the resolution center if you need to settle an outstanding monetary transaction with a guest.

@Rosalie15   I saw your question about getting paid Cash for hosting, (make sure you are in the right discussion room to pose questions)

I started this specific post to help others find out how to contact other hosts here on the CC, and not through their ABB listings.

However, since you did ask on my thread, I wanted to point out that it is VERY important you take the time to read the FAQ's about hosting and what is allowable.  Make sure you do that by seeking out the Airbnb policy on their website and not here on the CC.   

While you can't collect cash for hosting nights and cleaning fees, as ALL monies need to go through Airbnb, what you can collect cash on is:

State & Accommodations Taxes

Rides to/from the airport

Providing meals

Massage services

Activities

Buying groceries for your guests at their request.   ( I do this with gluten free products as they are very expensive)

Laundry services....etc.  

Make sense?   Lots of hosts do this. But that must all be agreed upon between you and the guests PRIOR to check in.  You can even notate it on your listings as "extra services" and that you accept cash for those services. 

FYI - I collect payment for EXTRA SERVICES through Airbnb free payment service as it keeps record of all payment requests for extra services and the date they paid. I prefer this way for my tax record keeping too as we are required to pay Hawaii taxes every 3 months. 

Hope this helps you.  If so, take a moment to click on the thumbs up button at the bottom of my post if you would like  🙂

Aloha, Momi