Hacked account

Hacked account

Hi, I think someone has hacked my account, I have been set up as a host for a London property when I live in Manchester and don't own any other property. How do I get this removed as I do not wish to be a host

140 Replies 140

My account was hacked.  Someone tried to book my "place" in Singapore.  I live in the US and don't even have a listing.  I looked and someone logged into my account from China, then a few days later in Japan.  I have changed my password.  I can't find an email or a phone number to contact Airbnb. 

Jocelyn5
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I was also hacked, I apparently made a reservation in Shanghai and was charged on my credit card for it 😞 now I am contacting air b n b and haven't heard anything back from them. Tried emailing and phoning and zip. I have to file a dispute w my credit card company to get my $ back
Innah0
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

I just found out today that my account has also been hacked. I recieved an email from Airbnb (all in Chinese) so I translated it in google and it said that my account had been logged into. Thankfully, I managed to change my password and log them out. The listing they were in the process of making is in China. What will airbnb do about this? I wanted to delete all of my payment information so they can't rent something under my name in case they try to hack my account again, but I can't delete the primary payment information. 

Isaac9
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

My account was also hacked on 5 June 2016 and a listing placed in Shanghai in my name and a payout method set up in the name of a hotmail account I have never seen before. I am not a host and have never made any listing. 

I was able to log in, change my password and delete the listing, but the payout method seemed impossible to delete. I altered the payout maximum to USD8000. I still have no idea what the ultimate purpose of the hack was, whether to defraud me or airbnb or money launder or move money out of China. It looks like there is a spate of such hacks in recent weeks and months of which those recounted above may only be a small fraction.

Airbnb has safeguards but they are not secure, and if I had not checked my airbnb-linked account, the hacker/s could have gone ahead and done all kinds of things in my name.

So, yes, I have written to account.security@airbnb.com twice, but I thought it would be better to share my airbnb experience here too, for the benefit of airbnb users. il

I am going to see now if there is a way to temporarily deactivate my account while it is not in use. Obviously airbnb will come in and say I should contact support and it's not a community center, but I am afraid it is exactly the kind of matter that should be in a host/customer forum. 

Thanks for sharing the email address. It's impossible to find one on the site. My account was hacked too.

Hi,

My account has been HACKED and I can't seem to get Airbnb to even lift a finger to help me. the hackers have chanegd my payout method to a different payapl account (myname but slightly different). I have been reaching out to airbnb since I found out about this and so far no resolution. all they say is that we have rerouted your case to our security dept. and they are looking into this. this is a serious issue and I am not getting any help. support or resolution. I just joined airbnb last month and have hosted 2 guests so far and have no been paid. and when I chedcked my account on airbnb come to find out they have hacked my account and have changed my payout to their paypal account. it is so FRUSTRATING and I can't even change or delete the hackers paypal account from my account and Airbnb does NOT seem to carre AT ALL. Feel so helpless and exposed and hackers are laughing at us and Airbnb! 

I will have to probably change my own personal bank account as I am exposed to more hacking. they have got this far!

So disappointed and frustrated with airbnb and this whole situation. 

Farah

I just had this experience tonight. Found this thread: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Called customer service (numbers are on that thread); was on hold for about 15 minutes, and then the rep was VERY helpful and professional and had the whole situation resolved in about 10 more minutes. The hacker had set up a listing (I apparently moved to Amsterdam--who knew?), and the rep reset all my info, deleted that listing, and helped me plan for placing holds on/ordering new credit cards for payment. 

Numbers only for quick reference: 

Here are the phone numbers for Airbnb.  If the area where you are hosting is not listed, check out the two ways below this list in order to find their number for your area.

United States and Canada+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina+54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia+61 2 8520 3333
Austria+43 72 08 83 800
Brazil+55 21 3958-5800
Chile+56229380777
China+86 10 5904 5310
400 890 0309 (shared-cost)
Denmark+45 89 88 20 00
France+33 1 84 88 40 00
Germany+49 30 30 80 83 80
Greece+30 211 1989888
Hong Kong+852 5808 8888
Ireland+353 1 697 1831
Israel+972 3 939 9977
Italy+39-06-99366533
Japan+81 3 4580 0999
+81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)
Mexico+52 55 41 70 43 33
Netherlands+31 20 52 22 333
New Zealand+64 4 4880 888
Norway+47 21 61 16 88
Peru+51 1 7089777
Poland+48 22 30 72 000
Portugal+351 30 880 3888
Puerto Rico+1 787 919-0880
Russia+74954658090
88003017104 (toll-free)
South Korea+82 2 6022 2499
+82 808 220 230 (toll-free)
Spain+34 91 123 45 67
Sweden+46 844 68 12 34
Switzerland+41 43 50 84 900
United Kingdom+44 203 318 1111
Debbie38
Level 3
Dunfermline, United Kingdom

that is absolutely shocking. Airbnb need to get their act together or it will collapse and they'll have no business. My account is completely messed up in a different way and trying to contact airbnb is so difficult...they are seriously going to lose a lot of money if they don't act more professionally

John207
Level 2
El Cajon, CA

This also happended to me.  Who do you call?  How can it be fixed?  I can't find any email or phone number to Air BnB for assistance.

I called AirBnb and apparently the only way you can contact the Support Team is via email which they didn't even provide me the contact info for. THEY are suppose to contact ME which I have yet to hear back from.

My account got compromised too! A couple of weeks ago I was getting emails from AirBnb to reset my password but it was being sent to me in Chinese so I ignored them assuming they were either spam or phishing emails. I login to my account today to book a reservation and realize that there was a listing under my account in China. I don't read or write in Chinese and I definitely don't own property in China. The payout account is listed under an email address I definitely do not have.

I don't feel comfortable using my account to make any reservations now that it's been compromised. I've called AirBnb but they said their support team can only get back to me via email. I have yet to hear anything. Should I just delete my account now?

Anne144
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

I have a different issue but can't seem to reach anyone directly on Air B&B. Since booking a place on Isle of Wight, I've been informed by my cell phone company that I made a $41 call to Bermuda. I have not done so. Has anyone had this happen? How do I reach a real person at Air B&B?

Innah0
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

I sent an email to: account.security@airbnb.com

Good Luck!

Alberto68
Level 1
New Zealand

My Airbnb account has been logged in in Christchurch, Wanaka, Timaru and Hamilton. What should i do? no wonder i havent been getting any inquiries

Katia23
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Suddenly I get more reviews than trips, more 4stars than guests....something is not right. I assume my account has been hacked. What to do?