Has any had a guest overstay their booking?

Has any had a guest overstay their booking?

I am a new host on airbnb and was just wondering if anyone has had a problem with someone overstaying their booking.

I just don't want to have two booking overlap one another. How is that situation handled? Through airbnb?

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi Gregory

Yes, guests don't alway's leave on or before checkout time. If you have other guests arriving the same day you need to get tough and chuck em out nicely.

Two bookings cannot overlap unless you are using multiple OTAs and not updating the calender fast enough, if it does happen you have to cancel one of the bookings. You would cancel the booking with the OTA thats not going to penalise you.

If you have a guest that is demanding to stay another night and you have guests arriving.

Call ABB urgently

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165

OTA= online travel agent

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi @Gregory68 I have a checkout time of 11:00 a.m.. I know from experience that many guests will check out right about 11:00 a.m. My tactic to be sure they are out on time (and it is essential as I often have guests arriving in 2 hours) is to knock on the apartment door and call out the guest's name. Not loudly, of course. When they answer, I tell them I just wanted to know if they need plastic bags or anything to help them with packing. I do this about ten minutes before checkout. It is the perfect time to thank the guests for staying, and if necessary (it usually isn't necessary)to add that my cleaner will be here soon, so I will need the room. I say it all with a smile, and it is always friendly.