Host asking for passport copies

Answered!
Bruna-Ayako0
Level 2
São Paulo, Brazil

Host asking for passport copies

Hi! I've used Airbnb a couple of times, and it's the first time my host asked me for the Passport copies. I'm hosted in Portugal and she said it's for paying taxes. I distrusted this information of her request because I always talked to my host in Portuguese and just this message was sent in English.

Anybody know if is it common ask passport information in Portugal? And is safe to provide this information?

Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

"The Host may ask for ID upon check-in, if done in person and if the requirement is in the Host’s house rules at the time of booking or is required under applicable laws." 

You can read more about this by clicking here.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

138 Replies 138

Host does not have access to your bank card, payments are made to AirBnB.

David

I am dealing with a  host in Buenos Aires right now that is so insecure and untrusting that it is almost offensive.  After reading several of your postings I have decided to send her my itinerary and a copy of my passport. This is the first time I am asked to do this by a host....I don't like it, but I can understand it from the host's point of view. Thank you all for your postings. Airbandb should definitely assume responsibility and be more clear about this issue.

Alina41
Level 1
Chambly, Canada

Hi! Is it normal for my host in Croatia to ask me my passeport information by internet and 3 weeks in advance? Is it mandatory there to ask for this kind of information? 

Let me know, thank you 

Alina 

@Alina41

Yes - it is mandatory in Croatia.