How do I file a complaint against an Airbnb agent as a host

Manuel--Manu-0
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

How do I file a complaint against an Airbnb agent as a host

I am a host with 16 listings in the same house and I feel I have been unfairly treated by an Airbnb agent and the dispute with a guest was not fair for me and I would like to report the case but I called 2 times and they say that he is the manager and he has to close the case first but the case with the guest is finished (Unfairly in my opinion) and he is supposed to contact me but he doesn't, I messaged him as welll...

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot

36 Replies 36

respone to Selina TX -

Everything you wrote is true, they do it on purpose, make it difficult that we can't file a complain 

the ceo doesn't care, trust us 😞

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it
Annette190
Level 2
Sharon, MA

I have a situation as well. A guest making a reservation 2 weeks in advance then 

upon check in went hunting for cleanliness issues.

when she couldn’t come up with much she told a mold story tale. 

I have evidence and documentation disputing her

but the first case manager who is in the Asian office did not follow protocol and was threatening me regarding a penalty and the guest ( never stayed) giving me a bad review , 

my USA case manager was great and thorough 

mans suded with me.

but then it had to go back to the original case manager who does not know what he’s doing

HELP

@Annette190

Hopefully you booted her out, big thumbs down and ones across the board.

The best you can hope for is that she leaces a review that breaches ABB terms and you can get it removed.

Sadly the issues with the current system are know, have been discussed on here many many times but I am not too hopeful that there will be changes.

David
Lenka21
Level 2
Balearic Islands, Spain

Hi Annette, Has the same! The guests love to travel for free and there's more of it every year! The airbnb is so bad it is unreal, their agents speak to you like you'd be their low class employee... And it is unlawful to take your money - in my case only telling over a message they are stealing a couple of thousands of euros from me!

We should get together and file a complaint!

Lenka21
Level 2
Balearic Islands, Spain

Sorry! Meant to say "had the same"

When you do I’ll definitely join you!

Abagail0
Level 2
Marina del Rey, CA

I've had so many upleasant communications with Airbnb agents... it's so frustrating as a host.  I just worked with an agent, Nia, who was rude, short, and deceitful. She claimed I could not speak with her supervisor because there is no way to connect us through directly on the phone, the supervisor would have to walk down the hall to the agents desk.... never in all my years doing this, have I ever heard that kind of excuse from an agent.  I always get the phone line connected directly when asking to speak with a supervisor, but according to Nia, although Airbnb has the technology to operate a cyber business, they dont have the technology to connect one phone line to another in their office. I don't believe it. Nia also said that she cannot send a confirmation email to me that we had the call (I ALWAYS ask for a confirmation email before getting off the phone with an agents, because otherwise there's no record of the call... this has happened a lot where you get a bad agent and they either hang up or get "disconnected," never to call you back and leaving no record the call ever existed. It even happens with the decent agents).  Nia said she "could not send a confirmation email until the call has ended," which is not true... in the 3+ years I've been doing this, agents have always been able to leave a confirmation email before the call ended (which btw, she did do when I insisted). Nia, along with many other agents, are clearly uninformed, poorly trained, and lack any real customer service skills. There is no accountability to these agents at airbnb, and they just pass off these calls, avoiding dealing with any real issues we have as hosts. 

Randy153
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

The guests stayed in my property for one night (4 nights originally booked) left the house 2nd day, an Airbnb support team agent issued full refund back to the guests and charged me penalty and cancellation fee without even notice me, can you all believe it! I’ve learned the case manager can offer guests free rent using my property just like this is their property!

Alexis158
Level 3
Hollywood, FL

wow.......thats ceazy

I have been an AirBNB since it’s beginning. I have not been so disappointed in the treatment of guests that I am now. My last two guests: one I reached out for support and didn’t get any response for after 3 days, but they apologized. I ended up getting a negative review. The last guest stayed at my home for a month. I made accommodations; changed his room, and AirBNB took $800 from me because of his complaint. I am ready to reach out to my lawyers. I spend money and hours preparing my home for strangers/guests. The agents were biased, unfair and completely unaware of what it takes for a guest to open their home. I have bills to pay and I suppose to have been getting paid $1000+ and ONLY got $100+. Tell me where this is fair anywhere??? I am highly disappointed and if this is not reversed, I will be leaving AirBNB after years. There is no platform for hosts to get support. This is very disappointing 

I have been researching who to contact before I contact my lawyers. Those agents are no way informed or skilled how to support the hosts. They have no idea of the demands of guests. Guests do not even know the difference between someone’s home and a hotel. I really hate AirBNB right now and will never refer them. Two times I needed for them to hear me out and they did not. I want them to open their doors, provide their home, all utilities, WiFi for FREE. $800!!! A stranger was allowed to stay in my home for FReE. I’m 😤 and highly disappointed 

SUPERHOST-Pj0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I am FURIOUS with Airbnb and the "Agent" has frozen my account so the only person that has the power to unfreeze it it him!  I've never spoken to him, I cannot contact him and no one else can help me.  HOW IS THAT RIGHT?  "HE" must have a boss or supervisor - but I have been left out in the cold!  Is that any way to treat a SuperHost or run a business????  We are supposed to be "partners" but I'm being treated like the ugly step child!  By the way - I have written to the CEO's and surprise - NOTHING!  If anyone has any other suggestions - I'm all ears!

How did you get a letter to the CEO?  

Hi everyone. After nearly 3 years with airbnb and a superhost who has been giving absolutely everything we could to guests, I was just told by case manger Joy, that I am not responsible enough to our guests, because I should check with all the neighbourhood if anyone would do some work on their property??! One family cancelled the booking without panalty after3days which originally booked for a month, because the far backyard(1000sqm land) next door neighbour did construction work on the day their leaving(never had any works before or on their check in) , which it's unfair to us however I understood if the guests changed mind we don't want keep them anyway. But I was so shocked to be criticised as not responsible enough to guests even after explained to Joy that I had no idea what other neighbourhood are going to do,neither if council would do any work in the suburb at some stage...