How do i view listings in "map view" not list view?

Answered!
Lauren-and-Joel0
Level 3
Redondo Beach, CA

How do i view listings in "map view" not list view?

It no longer gives me this option on my computer.

1 Best Answer

Scroll down past initial listings with pictures... under them will be a link that looks something like ...

Show All (2000+) >

Click on the Show All link...and a map view appears.

View Best Answer in original post

106 Replies 106

Barb,

Lately I have seen a "Map" on-off switch appear near the upper right when searching.

Do you see this? It is relatively new for me.

Just ran into this problem myself and solved it. Here is what I did. Enter city name and click search. Then you get two options, either 'homes' or 'experiences' - select Homes. That brings up a line of filters at the top of the page. At the far right of that line of filters is the map on/off control. Click there to turn on the map. Sooooooooooooooooooooo bloody confusing!!!!!!!

Ruthy3
Level 1
Dunedin, New Zealand

Thank you thank you thank you. That was driving me crazy

@Jean503 wrote:

Just ran into this problem myself and solved it. Here is what I did. Enter city name and click search. Then you get two options, either 'homes' or 'experiences' - select Homes. That brings up a line of filters at the top of the page. At the far right of that line of filters is the map on/off control. Click there to turn on the map. Sooooooooooooooooooooo bloody confusing!!!!!!!

Yup!   That was the problem!  They can just do away with the "experiences" bull**bleep**.  I can figure out what an "experience" is and I will book it when I want it and the map is still relevant!

Thanks!

This post was over a year ago, and it still works. WTH AirBnB? You have to make this easier.

Anita307
Level 2
Birmingham, AL

On a mobile device/tablet computer there is a button to switch from List View to Map View. Not so on the desktop. Very frustrating.

There used to be the option on laptop - I used it often.  What gives?

Barb60
Level 2
Truckee, CA

AirBnB - if you're out there.  I'm going to stop using you for my travels. It's too exhausting to find a place to stay through you these days.  I planned a trip to Europe last year at this time and used a map view to identify places to stay.  I simply can't do my travel planning without that option.  So I guess I'm going back to hotels or another platform that allows for the map search.

Hit 'CTRL -' to make the screen smaller.

Lawrence69
Level 1
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Wow, I was having the same problem and on a hunch I lowered my resolution, (ctrl -)

because I normally have it at 125% , to 100% (also showed up at 110%) and there it was

in the top right corner, the ability to switch to map view. I am on a laptop fyi not mobile device.

Hope that saves someone hours searching I just wasted 2 hours opening up each listing separately.

That was helpful! Thank you 🙂
Doug140
Level 1
Santa Barbara, CA

The map is displayed when I use the Chrome browser but not Firefox.

Lori242
Level 1
Portland, OR

Use Homeaway site, they show a map.

Murat14
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Darn... I wasted so much time on something so silly. AirBnB get your act together.

I found it after my search, under  'Where to Stay'  I had to click  'Show all' and map is then there on the right side. 

Fabricio-Gabriel0
Level 1
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Just hold Ctrl - to make the screen smaller & the map will appear.